Home

Scouting help

This is a discussion on Scouting help within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Scouting help

Hey all I just purchased the game last night, can’t wait for the rosters to drop hopefully today or tomorrow.

I messed around with franchise last night and I am in awe at the depth of the new scouting.

However, I am completely lost. Are there any good guides or tips on how I can go about this during the season? It seems like it could be its own game made in itself.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Hey all I just purchased the game last night, can’t wait for the rosters to drop hopefully today or tomorrow.

I messed around with franchise last night and I am in awe at the depth of the new scouting.

However, I am completely lost. Are there any good guides or tips on how I can go about this during the season? It seems like it could be its own game made in itself.
I have just started digging into the scouting the last couple of days. I have not found much guidance on how to get the best results. Here is what I have found in my experience so far.

I have done better scouting manually than automatically. I have been able to find more gems after the first round this way. Doing it manually is also the best way to make sense of the whole system. In my first season I set all my pro scouts to just completely scout whatever division they specialize in all season. I spent more time setting up my amateur scouts.

First I had them all find prospects in their region for a couple of months. Once they finished that, I scouted individual players for their potential and comparison. Now I am in late March, and I am scouting player strengths and their current skill sets mostly. I am starting to narrow down my scouting to players I could have a realistic shot at in the draft, mostly at elite potential, or NHL starting potential players after the first round.

I have started my franchise over a couple of times just trying different things out and getting used to the scouting, drafting, contract managing, and fog of war system. There is a lot to consider, at least for me there was. I have not played an NHL game since 13 I think.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
Pro

polyduster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom

This guide really helped me. Hope it helps you.

https://youtu.be/aUz9T-EenCI

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
This guide really helped me. Hope it helps you.

https://youtu.be/aUz9T-EenCI

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I should’ve known Tougie would make something regarding this. Great video, thank you very much for sharing.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »