Home

NHL Trade Deadline Predictions

This is a discussion on NHL Trade Deadline Predictions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2019, 10:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL Trade Deadline Predictions

The NHL trade deadline is February 25, and by this time of the year the NHL...

Written By: Ryan

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2019, 12:05 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL Trade Deadline Predictions

columbas blue jackets should keep pannarin and aquire matt Duchene , I looked at there roster, they need good center men man, whole roster is full of guys , who have no experience in playoffs, I 'd also want them to aquire 2 32-33 aged left wingers and 29-31 aged right handed shooters, hell they need 4 lines with right handed shooters and big defensemen and left handed and right handed defensemen, too many lefties it would left left right or left right right forwards, defensemen standard, left right, when I start franchise, I usually go for sum righties.

or get Duchene and mark stone, like dam..., roster full young guys, who need vet presence.

todays NHL u need to raise overall for offense and defense and goalies.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Great article. Thanks. I play with Columbus in my NHL 19 franchise. Panarin rejected any offer of an extension and signed with the Buffalo Sabres in the offseason. Not exactly the limelight. However, I kept him for the playoffs run and the Blue Jackets defeated the Dallas Stars 4-1 for the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup.

I signed Jeff Skinner and Wayne Simmons in free agency period, re-signed goalie Sergei Bobvrosky to long term deal and paid him whatever he wanted to keep him. Now, the Jackets are struggling. Artemi Panarin's 1st Line production can't be replaced, and Skinner and Simmons' offense is so-so. Locker room chemistry/morale needs a lot of working on.

One thing I will say about NHL 19, I didn't grow up around hockey, barely paid attention to it for most my life, but since NHL 18, I've been engaged in the GM aspect of it. NHL 19 + Fog of War, setting operations budgets, understanding nuances of Qualified Offers, Offer Sheets, marketing, profits, etc... really a lot for a gamer who likes managing the front office to get into. Loving it.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy
Great article. Thanks. I play with Columbus in my NHL 19 franchise. Panarin rejected any offer of an extension and signed with the Buffalo Sabres in the offseason. Not exactly the limelight. However, I kept him for the playoffs run and the Blue Jackets defeated the Dallas Stars 4-1 for the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup.

I signed Jeff Skinner and Wayne Simmons in free agency period, re-signed goalie Sergei Bobvrosky to long term deal and paid him whatever he wanted to keep him. Now, the Jackets are struggling. Artemi Panarin's 1st Line production can't be replaced, and Skinner and Simmons' offense is so-so. Locker room chemistry/morale needs a lot of working on.

One thing I will say about NHL 19, I didn't grow up around hockey, barely paid attention to it for most my life, but since NHL 18, I've been engaged in the GM aspect of it. NHL 19 + Fog of War, setting operations budgets, understanding nuances of Qualified Offers, Offer Sheets, marketing, profits, etc... really a lot for a gamer who likes managing the front office to get into. Loving it.
When comparing the reality to the game ...... in reality never will be so extremly much high skilled player in a free agency pool. Thats completely unreal ! You can sell your Superstars during the draft for picks to get after Superstars from free agent pool. To easy this !
Old 02-26-2019, 12:06 AM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I've made a perdicton and came true, columbas blue jackets got matt Duchene and Ryan Disingal. , , , , and kept pannarin, and they also acquired a huge defensemen, whats his name, that ex boston bruins player, Adam Macquid, and they also got keith kinkaid G

I mentioned in my old post 'Big Defensemen'

'today's NHL u need to raise offense and defense and goalies' (with keith kinkaid) (big goalie)

I honestly can't wait for next roster update with all the trades and stuff, I wanna see the new look columbas blue jackets in action.

that's impressive! Adam McQuaid is 6'5 and right handed! (looked on google) =D

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 02-26-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy

I also use CBJ for my franchise... I was able to keep both Bobrovsky and Panarin (I gave Panarin a 5 year deal worth $6.25 per) same for Bobrovsky... With a week before the trade deadline, Ottawa sent me a trade request, Duchene and a pick for Riley Nash a 1st and a 3rd... I quickly jumped on this since it was the day he was traded late last week... I wanted to play thru, but waited after the Sharks game impatiently, just in case CBJ did more deals, which they did, I was able to trade Duclair for Dzingel... I was shocked, got them both... Then was able to get McQuaid for a pick, but was never able to get Kinkaid and wasn't about to blow up my roster too much... So they only difference I have playing past the trade deadline is I am without Riley Nash, which, no big loss to me, in the game, he only had 4 goals and 5 assists, in real life, I am not a fan of him, wish he was dealt, dude has 1 goal all year, which is only one less than Wennberg (which I can't understand because in the game, I have 13 G and 22 A)... Plus if I would have gotten rid of Wennberg, my 17 year old daughter would have shot me... LOL

In my franchise, I am leading the metro with a 41-14-6 record... NYI isn't even on the radar, worst record in the NHL, I guess when I started, they had Greiss and Lehner rated low because neither have done anything. Scoring no where near how it's been this year either, no one even close to 100 points at this point, closest is Matthews (TOR) with 88... I have Panarin (24 G 55 A), Atkinson (39 G 36 A) and Dubois (31 G 40 A) all in the 70's, been a solid line all year. Bobrovsky is a Vezina candidate (has to be) 2.22 GAA .929% 34-9-4

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 02-26-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

Does anyone know when we can expect the roster update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »