Home

NHL 20 Trailer, Screenshots & Fact Sheet - Release Date September 13, 3 Days Earlier if you Pre-Order Deluxe or Ultimate Edition

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Trailer, Screenshots & Fact Sheet - Release Date September 13, 3 Days Earlier if you Pre-Order Deluxe or Ultimate Edition within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 20 Trailer, Screenshots & Fact Sheet - Release Date September 13, 3 Days Earl

Coaching carousel, line chemistry and a trade finder were some of my most anticipated possible addictions. Awesome.

And former players can become scouts and coaches? Hell yeah. Goalie improvements, new broadcast guys who (sounds like) have a ton more lines? This is a huge list of additions for a smaller dev team, and I'm not even talking about their "back of the box" features coming to gameplay itself.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Trailer, Screenshots & Fact Sheet - Release Date September 13, 3 Days Earl

Haha looks like their main focus was world of chel. Goons.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:23 AM   #19
Rookie

Any news on the legends and the rosters? Will we be able to use them in season mode?
Old 06-20-2019, 04:33 AM   #20
Banned

So they lost they gave up the one of the few last authentic thing NBC license, how is that a good thing?

As for the other announcements. You guys know me already, I didn't expect much, but this is just embarrassing. It's sad how far the game can get in few years... in a wrong direction.
This hockey game now is looking more like basketball, not sure how/why they did it meh
I'm seriously angry now
Old 06-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #21
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

2 words.....ROSTER SHARE. It’s the only possible way to maybe make this a buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #22
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

NBC is the worst network to watch a hockey game on so I'm glad they got rid of the license.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #23
Rookie

A decent start and some good additions. I'd like to see you able to advance days while in contract negotiations from the contracts screen in the off season. Gets a bit tedious having to leave the menu to advance the day. Only because the menu just feels slow. I'd also LOVE to be able to have the option to edit rosters in GM mode. Would be nice to have control over editing rosters across the league.**
Trade finder is huge for me as is coaches. We'll see if the goalie animations make any difference.*
One thing I'd love to see but fear I never will. I don't like when a game gives visuals of championship banners, yet doesn't allow you to add to them. I'd love to someday see a game where it shows the titles you win in the rafters. I only say that because it's a bit off putting to be 15 years down the road in a franchise mode and to have won titles to just see the years they won the titles hanging and nothing new. It's an insane gripe, but maybe someone else out there feels the same way?
Tons of rambling. I'm a bit disappointed with where NHL/Madden is and am hoping EA does something at some point to make these franchise modes more fun. 19 I had some fun with, it's just still very bare bones on what it could be compared to other sports games.*
Old 06-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #24
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO
So they lost they gave up the one of the few last authentic thing NBC license, how is that a good thing?

As for the other announcements. You guys know me already, I didn't expect much, but this is just embarrassing. It's sad how far the game can get in few years... in a wrong direction.
This hockey game now is looking more like basketball, not sure how/why they did it meh
I'm seriously angry now
Personally, I don't think you need NBC to have good presentation. You can have generic non-affiliated presentation that's still good and looks nice. If anything you could argue that going the generic route lets you spend more on other things, and going with someone like Ferraro still gets you a great TV personality from hockey.

That said...I'm forced to wonder if any savings from not being with NBC were then immediately lost to get things like Drake and Chance the Rapper commentary, along with Don Cherry...unless all of them just happen to love EA's NHL so much they're willing to donate their time and likenesses for free.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »