Home

NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Well at least I'll never have to hear about the "young lady from Shawinigan" again

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
That one is not that bad cuz we only hear it about 1 in 40 games.. but what about these??? we hear these almost every game, and sometimes 2x in one game.

1-And the period is over............... WOW
2-And the period comes to a close.... wow, what a finish.
3-A whistle, and a rest.
4- Somebody get this guy a steak.. OR..get this guy a Pasta Fajoule
5 Eddie not back yet, he's getting some ice cream.
6- And the horn.. (period not over yet)
7- A brilliant save at the horn.. (period was long over)

I can't wait to never have to hear this again..
Old 07-22-2019, 02:43 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
The presentation of the game means nothing to them. Look at the facts: it's 2019 and we still have a majority of players who look nothing like the real person, EA puts out horribly inaccurate rosters and somehow still doesn't allow roster sharing, we still don't have an option for custom goalie masks or equipment (the backup Rangers mask is so outdated, btw, that they stopped using the logo/color scheme when Rebook started making jerseys) and now we no longer have correct goal songs or commentary that they've gone out of the way to REMOVE from the game. So, forget about not adding things to the game; they're now subtracting from what was already in it. Their only concern is about HUT. I don't see myself buying another NHL game for a long time after skipping last year, which really sucks since hockey is my favorite sport.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
100% with you. Also some of my main points.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #35
Banned

The face issue is a minor issue. There are enough individual faces that look close enough to the the players they represent. More would be nice, but that can go on the back burner. If you want better faces, then they may as well also spend their time making the popcorn vendor more realistic.

What needs to be addressed is
- Roster share,
- More realistic AI play,
- Better tuner sliders that don't go from a setting at 0-49 extremely easy, 50 easy, 51 - 100 extremely difficult.
- The difference between Pro, All-Star and Super Star has to be playable by adjusting sliders. On Pro you can set the sliders to be easy or extremely difficult, no middle ground. On All-Star it starts off extremely difficult and unless you handicap the AI to the point that you have an unfair advantage (might as well be on Pro).

Penalty sliders needs to work so that the AI doesn't gets 3 per season and you get 30 per game. Penalty sliders have always resulted in an overabundance for you and minimal amount for the AI.

Do you really think that not addressing these issues but addressing player faces would make the game better overall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #36
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
The face issue is a minor issue. There are enough individual faces that look close enough to the the players they represent. More would be nice, but that can go on the back burner. If you want better faces, then they may as well also spend their time making the popcorn vendor more realistic.

What needs to be addressed is
- Roster share,
- More realistic AI play,
- Better tuner sliders that don't go from a setting at 0-49 extremely easy, 50 easy, 51 - 100 extremely difficult.
- The difference between Pro, All-Star and Super Star has to be playable by adjusting sliders. On Pro you can set the sliders to be easy or extremely difficult, no middle ground. On All-Star it starts off extremely difficult and unless you handicap the AI to the point that you have an unfair advantage (might as well be on Pro).

Penalty sliders needs to work so that the AI doesn't gets 3 per season and you get 30 per game. Penalty sliders have always resulted in an overabundance for you and minimal amount for the AI.

Do you really think that not addressing these issues but addressing player faces would make the game better overall?
The CPU doesn't adhere to the physics engine and will score no matter what when it's time to score for them on All-Star. I play a unique way where I play 1/2 the game as each team, because I hate the CPU goals due to 99% of them being undeserving and/or a result of them not adhering to the physics engine that I have to, I tone their shooting down to 0 for accuracy, passing to 0 for accuracy, and I bump my goalie to 100 in every category.

Despite these radical changes, I still will give up a CPU goals about every other game due to some wonky-looking play where it was obvious that the CPU decided it's goal time. I still play on All-Star though, as every other level is way too easy for me to score, so All-Star is my go-to for modifying sliders. I actually make the AI defense much harder than default All-Star and still have very offensive games from time to time.

Long-story short, AI offense is OP, AI defense is always needing a buff in my experience.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:03 PM   #37
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4

I didn't buy last year...so if it was a some kind of amazing version, my apologies. But IMOP, Rammer and his group has done nothing but negate any growth this series might have had. I won't buy another NHL game until they are gone.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:04 PM   #38
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan
I didn't buy last year...so if it was a some kind of amazing version, my apologies. But IMOP, Rammer and his group has done nothing but negate any growth this series might have had. I won't buy another NHL game until they are gone.
Amen!
I may never buy another hockey game from EA again !
Old 08-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #39
Rookie

Not really happy about this, i'd be ok if they want to add new play by play along side eddie and doc and rotate them per game similar to how 2k does with Kevin Harlan and other people but yea, sad panda. They were the reasons why I loved the newer games now i'm going to have to mute the play by play cause it's not doc or eddie

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »