Home

Waiting for Roster update

This is a discussion on Waiting for Roster update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

OVR: 0
Waiting for Roster update

Why do the offline guys even buy the game before Black Friday? You're all complaining about not starting until a roster update comes out and it sounds like it usually comes out right before Black Friday when the GAME IS HALF PRICE!!! So you buy the game at full price but have to wait until its half price before you can really start playing it..........come on sheeple!!! and you wonder why EA doesn't listen to us....maybe cause WE have convinced them that they are ACTUALLY smarter than us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Waiting for Roster update

Or we like to play in the different modes and wait until a good roster comes out to start a franchise?

Baaaaaaaaa.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2019, 03:12 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
Or we like to play in the different modes and wait until a good roster comes out to start a franchise?

Baaaaaaaaa.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It gives only one real NHL mode, with real NHL schedule and this one is offline.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaracus88
Why do the offline guys even buy the game before Black Friday? You're all complaining about not starting until a roster update comes out and it sounds like it usually comes out right before Black Friday when the GAME IS HALF PRICE!!! So you buy the game at full price but have to wait until its half price before you can really start playing it..........come on sheeple!!! and you wonder why EA doesn't listen to us....maybe cause WE have convinced them that they are ACTUALLY smarter than us.
Honestly, I'm having a blast with expansion mode.

Created probably 15-20 of the top prospects not in the game, edited some of the other guys, and have played 50ish games in my season.

The unfortunate part is, even after the "good" roster update that lands in early November, we're still going to be missing a lot of the prospects anyway.

I think a lot of people end up buying the game every year knowing that when it comes to rosters, they're going to be peeved regardless...EA could have such a happier fan base if they'd just add roster sharing. Probably sell more copies at full price as well.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #5
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

We shouldn't be paying full price for this game until they give us roster share i believe that is the biggest issue with this series. Roster share won't fix everything but it would be a huge step towards fixing a lot. This series would be noticeably better with better rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #6
Rookie

It's very frustrating. I want to start a Leafs franchise but doing so without Woll and Scott as goalie prospects just feels stupid. I know Woll was in the NCAA last year, but he has played for the Marlies this year and is signed to an ELC by the Leafs. Scott not being in the game makes no sense, considering he played in the WHL and AHL last year.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

Ea needs to fix victor oloffsson on buffalo. He is a rookie but it’s not saying he is in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
Rookie

EA did a pretty solid job with the late October update. Players like Morgan Frost are already back.

Hoping they get the last of the first rounders from the past few years into the correct AHL clubs. Took a look and here’s who is missing:

Josh Norris - Belleville
Shane Bowers - Colorado
Alexander Alexeyev - Hershey
Gabriel Vilardi - Ontario
Adam Boqvist - Rockford
Nicolas Beaudin - Rockford
Riley Tufte - Texas

I believe there are also a few decent goaltending prospects missing, but I’m not sure who they are. If they get these guys in soon, I’ll be very pleased.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »