Home

NHL 21 Lays Out Schedule For Upcoming Feature News - Closed Technical Beta Pushed to a Later Date

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Lays Out Schedule For Upcoming Feature News - Closed Technical Beta Pushed to a Later Date within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #9
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 21 Lays Out Schedule For Upcoming Feature News - World of CHEL Details Arrive

First off, *These dates are subject to change*??? They don't even have a date. They have a vague timeline.

I'm not a marketing expert, but I'm assuming that pre-sales are very important to companies that create video games. From that, who is really going to be foolish enough to go out and pre-order a copy of this game when you're not even going to hear about 2 of the 3 main modes in the game talked about until *Early October* (which is subject to change...)?

I'm optimistic because it kind of appears as though franchise mode will have it's own day, but even that is vague. "An new, exciting trade deadline!". Didn't we have that a few years ago?

Man, I hate ranting, and try not to because there are so many who already say what most of us are thinking, but really, how can a company be so blatantly oblivious to their consumer base?
Old 08-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #10
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Re: NHL 21 Lays Out Schedule For Upcoming Feature News - World of CHEL Details Arrive

So much salt in these threads.

Just be optimistic yo.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe the fact that franchise is going last means they are sandbagging some features like roster sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 02:40 PM   #12
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

"Players can work their way from a chippy bottom six forward to a must-see superstar."

This is proof that they literally don't even have a clue how hockey and player development work. There's not a superstar in the league that started out as a "chippy bottom six forward." You're either a high-end skill player or an energizing grinder type. There's not a single player that starts his career as an energy-bringing 4th liner that stays in the league by hustling and winning puck battles, and then magically develops an elite set of hands and turns into a 110 point scorer that avoids contact and physical play. Try following hockey, EA.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
So much salt in these threads.

Just be optimistic yo.
Absolutely no reason to actually be optimistic.

They've rolled out sub par releases basically this entire console generation and with a new generation about to launch, it stands to reason they've mailed it in for 2021 and already have people working on a next-gen game.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
"Players can work their way from a chippy bottom six forward to a must-see superstar."

This is proof that they literally don't even have a clue how hockey and player development work. There's not a superstar in the league that started out as a "chippy bottom six forward." You're either a high-end skill player or an energizing grinder type. There's not a single player that starts his career as an energy-bringing 4th liner that stays in the league by hustling and winning puck battles, and then magically develops an elite set of hands and turns into a 110 point scorer that avoids contact and physical play. Try following hockey, EA.
I disagree. Not every star player jumps right into the top 6.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #15
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Updated OP link details. The closed beta has been pushed further down the line and the team will not release NHL 21 World of CHEL details today.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/stat...93730658414592
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar_Nunez
I said it once and I'll say it again. GARBAGE!

EA you need to fire the entire team working on the game and hire someone new to lead the way. We're getting the same garbage year in and year out. Both gameplay and franchise modes need a revamp. I've been purchasing your games for more than 10 years now. Last year was the first time I didn't buy your NHL game. The trend will continue this year after seeing your trailer and hearing a little more about the game. You're only alienating your long time fans of the game and losing customers. WAKE UP!!!
Please be aware while critiquing is fine, try to avoid saying stupid stuff like "fire the whole team" etc. Thanks. There's a level of discourse we try to maintain, and inflammatory dumb stuff like that doesn't help any portion of the forum or conversation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »