Home

NHL 23 Presentation Details and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Presentation Details and Trailer Revealed within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 23 Presentation Details and Trailer Revealed

EA posted their NHL 23 presentation trailer earlier today along with a new deep dive blog...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2022, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 23 Presentation Trailer

You could personally skate with the Cup in NHL 2K9. The blue & white confetti for every team is an eye sore that should be fixed. The names on the cup cut scene is pretty cool but it still doesn't top the NHL 2004 Cup celebration as far as EA goes (it went through the entire roster in the team picture and showed stats for all of them)

Hat tricks being touted here is really embarrassing especially considering it always there every year except last year.

The on ice projections for pre-game intros is another thing 2K had over a decade ago.

Booing intensity increasing because of penalty discrepancy? I remember the storylines we had from NHL10-15 where players would get booed throught a playoff series if they injured a player.

The A/R leaderboard is a really nice touch.

They're really touting metal & ice shininess for the 2nd straight year. I can't believe it.

Overall: Some good, some things that a decade dead franchise had 12 years ago, & some embarrassing "why is this included?" portions.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

No talk about commentating, was hoping for pre game city shots to add immersion to the game. Also nothing on goalie masks…Honestly not very impressed here.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:45 AM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

There is some cool stuff. But tough to get too excited about things that were in hockey games 15 years ago. National Anthem is great to get back in, but nothing new. 2K games had pretty cool pregame arena presentation and as PhillyGuy mentioned, you could skate with the cup.

The hat-trick stuff looks off....the hats and Teddy Bears graphically look like they are from a few consoles ago.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #5
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

The biggest issue for me is the way they remove things, gradually add them back in, & tout them as if they're a major addition every damn year.

All of the strides they made in the 360/PS3 gen was wiped away with NHL 15. It's like they started from the bottom & here we are 7 years later and NHL 14 still has things that these new games don't. I'm no longer paying $60-$70. It's not justifiable.

I will still never accept their excuse as to why custom music hasn't made it back in. Especially since MLB The Show added it back a few years ago
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2022, 01:11 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

3:25 - National Anthem!!
Old 09-15-2022, 01:18 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
There is some cool stuff. But tough to get too excited about things that were in hockey games 15 years ago. National Anthem is great to get back in, but nothing new. 2K games had pretty cool pregame arena presentation and as PhillyGuy mentioned, you could skate with the cup.

The hat-trick stuff looks off....the hats and Teddy Bears graphically look like they are from a few consoles ago.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who found the Hats don’t look like they match up with what’s on the ice.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

So far...see nothing that warrants a $70 price tag for me. At most I could see picking it up on holiday sales for $25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »