Home

NHL 21 Patch 1.1 Available For PlayStation 4, Later For Xbox One - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NHL 21 Patch 1.1 Available For PlayStation 4, Later For Xbox One - Patch Notes within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #9
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 21 Patch 1.1 Available For PlayStation 4, Later For Xbox One - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Any impressions? Does anything change much gameplay wise? I'm so happy with gameplay that I'm super scared to download this patch.
Well, according to many, the neutral zone pressure completely disappeared. Reverting the game back to being NHL20.2

If you have any confirmation of this, lemme know as Im trying to figure out whether i want to get this or not.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:02 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NHL 21 Patch 1.1 Available For PlayStation 4, Later For Xbox One - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Well, according to many, the neutral zone pressure completely disappeared. Reverting the game back to being NHL20.2

If you have any confirmation of this, lemme know as Im trying to figure out whether i want to get this or not.
4 post-patch games. My experience: not seeing this at all.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #11
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
4 post-patch games. My experience: not seeing this at all.

Funny thing is...after all your bitching over the last several years...you are the one i feel like i can trust lolol

Thats comforting.

Now Im wondering why some are seeing it and some arent.

Maybe its a problem akin to the mysterious comeback AI conspiracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

The patch didn't alter gameplay. Tuner 1.01 has been live since launch. I've never played tuner 1.00 and gameplay has felt the same. Neutral zone pressure is certainly present...
Old 10-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Funny thing is...after all your bitching over the last several years...you are the one i feel like i can trust lolol

Thats comforting.

My bitching is always for legitimate reasons...
Old 10-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #14
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:

Thats comforting.

Has to do with the "speed glitch" that's been present since this generation of NHL games where your sliders can play drastically different without touching a slider. When the game is in this state, everything is crisp, fluid, perfect, fast like the online defaults. I'm assuming the NZ pressure is there but it's just so easy to beat on default settings.

Since I had the time to test this out this past weekend, I noticed that games where my sliders were playing true, I was seeing lots of NZ pressure like before and made me not totally regret buying 21. Had some really fun, dynamic, awesome games of 21 that I was seeing before the patch. When the speed glitch was present and everything was sped up and perfect, I was blowing by defenders so maybe the pressure was there but it wasn't effective at all, making me believe the pressure was gone.

I don't think people are crazy for experiencing this. I'm not an ice-tilter or comeback code guy, but I am a huge slider/offline guy that really likes to alter the sliders to get my preferred gameplay. I can assure you, the game was drastically easier when my sliders were not being adhered too and it probably resulted in me feeling the lack of pressure rather than the attempted pressure not being there if that makes sense.

Probably don't need to discredit people (not saying you are) for experiencing different things when playing when it's well-known that this game has many under-the-hood issues that result in sliders not playing true without changing a single setting. The closer you play to default and the more casual of an NHL gamer you are, the less you probably experience the "speed glitch" issues.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
Has to do with the "speed glitch" that's been present since this generation of NHL games where your sliders can play drastically different without touching a slider. When the game is in this state, everything is crisp, fluid, perfect, fast like the online defaults. I'm assuming the NZ pressure is there but it's just so easy to beat on default settings.

Since I had the time to test this out this past weekend, I noticed that games where my sliders were playing true, I was seeing lots of NZ pressure like before and made me not totally regret buying 21. Had some really fun, dynamic, awesome games of 21 that I was seeing before the patch. When the speed glitch was present and everything was sped up and perfect, I was blowing by defenders so maybe the pressure was there but it wasn't effective at all, making me believe the pressure was gone.

I don't think people are crazy for experiencing this. I'm not an ice-tilter or comeback code guy, but I am a huge slider/offline guy that really likes to alter the sliders to get my preferred gameplay. I can assure you, the game was drastically easier when my sliders were not being adhered too and it probably resulted in me feeling the lack of pressure rather than the attempted pressure not being there if that makes sense.

Probably don't need to discredit people (not saying you are) for experiencing different things when playing when it's well-known that this game has many under-the-hood issues that result in sliders not playing true without changing a single setting. The closer you play to default and the more casual of an NHL gamer you are, the less you probably experience the "speed glitch" issues.

How often do you see this glitch and what can be done without changing sliders? I saw someone mention saving you sliders to a new preset? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #16
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsNation8412
How often do you see this glitch and what can be done without changing sliders? I saw someone mention saving you sliders to a new preset? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that solution as well, and I must say that since I've saved to a new preset and have made to sure to not touch it at all, that I haven't seen the speed glitch since. I played three games last night, all three felt like the sliders were being respected by the game, and my final game was just awesome. never had that much fun on an EA NHL game before. I even created a box score in my slider post because of it.

I do make sure to close all apps and even hard power cycle my xbox before playing NHL. For whatever reason, this seemed to remedy the glitch in 20 fairly consistently, and I've just kept doing it on 21 with good results. As long as NHL is your first played game, I haven't seen any speed glitches since I've made sure to use this technique. Also, when playing Play Now, I NEVER use the "rematch" button as I feel like I get the speed glitch when I do that. Always back out and start a new game.

Could all be placebo, could all work, who knows...but I just played my best feeling game on 21 last night so the speed glitch was for sure the culprit to me seeing bad gameplay post-patch, I just mistakenly took the issues as a result of the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »