Home

How can I keep my under 20 Year Player from the CHL ind the AHL

This is a discussion on How can I keep my under 20 Year Player from the CHL ind the AHL within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2018
How can I keep my under 20 Year Player from the CHL ind the AHL

As I wrote on the headline. Does anyone know how it works to get all under 20 year old CHL Player which are playing actually now in the AHL to stay their after the Season begins ? I made Drysdale bit stronger and it works for the Gulls. Jack Quinn stronger but they sent him back to the CHL from Rochester. Seth Jarvis stay at the Chicago Wolves but Jamieson Rees and Ryan Suzuki was sent down back to CHL. It must have to do something with a rating of a Player ? Or am I wrong ? Does anyone know the solution how it works ?
Travolterjohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 08:35 AM   #2
Pro
 
kinsmen7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: How can I keep my under 20 Year Player from the CHL ind the AHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
As I wrote on the headline. Does anyone know how it works to get all under 20 year old CHL Player which are playing actually now in the AHL to stay their after the Season begins ? I made Drysdale bit stronger and it works for the Gulls. Jack Quinn stronger but they sent him back to the CHL from Rochester. Seth Jarvis stay at the Chicago Wolves but Jamieson Rees and Ryan Suzuki was sent down back to CHL. It must have to do something with a rating of a Player ? Or am I wrong ? Does anyone know the solution how it works ?
It's a glitch that is actually sort of working with the way Covid is rolling. If you want to make it happen permanently though, you've got to move all of those players off of their CHL teams, and onto the AHL teams before starting your franchise.

My understanding is that any player, under the age of 20, who's CHL rights are held by a team, can only play in the NHL or CHL. Once the CHL teams season ends, the player can be recalled to the NHL or AHL. If they're drafted from Europe (Ie. Rasmus Sandin), they're able to play in the AHL as 18 year olds.

The actual agreement is here, but very wordy: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...ocument/143414
kinsmen7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:49 AM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2018
Re: How can I keep my under 20 Year Player from the CHL ind the AHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
It's a glitch that is actually sort of working with the way Covid is rolling. If you want to make it happen permanently though, you've got to move all of those players off of their CHL teams, and onto the AHL teams before starting your franchise.

My understanding is that any player, under the age of 20, who's CHL rights are held by a team, can only play in the NHL or CHL. Once the CHL teams season ends, the player can be recalled to the NHL or AHL. If they're drafted from Europe (Ie. Rasmus Sandin), they're able to play in the AHL as 18 year olds.

The actual agreement is here, but very wordy: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...ocument/143414
Thx for advice. I found a way to do it after merging my 300 Player strong CAP‘s with a new EA Roster. The curious thing is that I needed to move Player like Byfield, Tracey and other ( they were listed in the AHL ) back to the CHL and other like Zary, Jarvis, Rees ..... from the CHL to the AHL. So now it works and all Players which should be in the AHL, are in their when I start a new Franchise. I know the CHL rules and that it is only allowed to play for this young Players in the AHL during this Covid time. It’s only Players from the WHL and OHL who play AHL cause they have no League games now.

I do it only cause I want to play with these Players in the AHL cause I do not want to wait two Seasons that this is possible in the game. I play every AHL and NHL game with a 5 minute Period, making after the game a long statistic so one game takes me about 1 hour 15 minutes time. You can watch it here on OP in the Hockey Dynastie

Last edited by Travolterjohn; 03-05-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Travolterjohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:55 AM   #4
Pro
 
kinsmen7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: How can I keep my under 20 Year Player from the CHL ind the AHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
Thx for advice. I found a way to do it after merging my 300 Player strong CAPs with a new EA Roster. The curious thing is that I needed to move Player like Byfield, Tracey and other ( they were listed in the AHL ) back to the CHL and other like Zary, Jarvis, Rees ..... from the CHL to the AHL. So now it works and all Players which should be in the AHL, are in their when I start a new Franchise. I know the CHL rules and that it is only allowed to play for this young Players in the AHL during this Covid time. Its only Players from the WHL and OHL who play AHL cause they have no League games now.

I do it only cause I want to play with these Players in the AHL cause I do not want to wait two Seasons that this is possible in the game. I play every AHL and NHL game with a 5 minute Period, making after the game a long statistic so one game takes me about 1 hour 15 minutes time. You can watch it here on OP in the Hockey Dynastie
I don't hate the glitch, but am hoping it only lasts for a season in franchise mode. I've got a Seattle expansion on the go, and Connor McMichael played in the AHL for me all year. Called him up to play on the 4th line and get some PP time after my AHL team got eliminated from the playoffs, since my 4th line is pretty weak, and he's got 4 goals in 5 games for me so far.
kinsmen7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Top -