Home

NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Registration Open Now - Testing Begins Later This Month

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Registration Open Now - Testing Begins Later This Month within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #9
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Registration Open Now - Testing Begins Later This Mo

when u guys do this, can you please check if skating sounds work, check if big checks break the game still, also check if sounds skip in and out on sorten 4k HDTVs.

for checking, I have observed big checks actually break player causing him to skate along the sideboards broken, also check if shots 100 glitches through the scoreboard downwards.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 08-08-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:28 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 22 Closed Technical Test Registration Open Now - Testing Begins Later This Mo

I signed up too. Expectations aren’t high but my bro and I still have a good time each week playing against each other. I’ll play the 10 hrs with EA Play and decide later if it’s worth a buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #11
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
At least you have an open mind, you'll probably love it.
Sarcasm on top of sarcasm? Gotta at least give props.

But seriously for me to love it, it needs to be made by an entirely different team and it's the SAME team as last year. For me to even like it they need to at the very least change the settings and you know they aren't doing that much.

Nah, I'm giving it a shot, as I do every year. Because you can't critique something you don't know. As always I'll be mostly trying out the goalie position cuz that's the position I know.

Don't expect much to change there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 24

The fact that next-gen systems have their own selection has me encouraged that PS5/XSX will get newer gameplay updates. I would expect last-gen to be basically the same.

But really hopeful PS5 has a jump in both graphics and overall feel of gameplay. Madden next-gen looked nicer, but the real difference was how different players felt in their weight and movement.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #13
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
The fact that next-gen systems have their own selection has me encouraged that PS5/XSX will get newer gameplay updates. I would expect last-gen to be basically the same.

But really hopeful PS5 has a jump in both graphics and overall feel of gameplay. Madden next-gen looked nicer, but the real difference was how different players felt in their weight and movement.
All the NHL team had to do to make their player movement feel realistic was adjust the sliders they already give us in the game and they just refused to do it. RPM looks amazing when you turn acceleration down to 0, I'm not kidding. It's an amazing movement engine that feels real and offers a very realistic sense of acceleration and agility that pro hockey players have, but their current tuners made the game move like NHL 09 again where players are floating because the skating animations can't keep up with the ridiculous pivots and directional changes.

I love the skating and checking in this game, it literally just needs proper tuning. There's nothing console-wise or ignite engine-wise holding RPM back from looking and feeling incredible. I am the first to admit it and I was the biggest TPS critic around who also didn't want NHL 09 skating either.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:43 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
All the NHL team had to do to make their player movement feel realistic was adjust the sliders they already give us in the game and they just refused to do it. RPM looks amazing when you turn acceleration down to 0, I'm not kidding. It's an amazing movement engine that feels real and offers a very realistic sense of acceleration and agility that pro hockey players have, but their current tuners made the game move like NHL 09 again where players are floating because the skating animations can't keep up with the ridiculous pivots and directional changes.

I love the skating and checking in this game, it literally just needs proper tuning. There's nothing console-wise or ignite engine-wise holding RPM back from looking and feeling incredible. I am the first to admit it and I was the biggest TPS critic around who also didn't want NHL 09 skating either.

I’m curious to try the game with acceleration at zero. Based on your post, I’m assuming it’s not the only slider you alter. Care to share your sliders? I’d like to give them a go.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #15
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I’m curious to try the game with acceleration at zero. Based on your post, I’m assuming it’s not the only slider you alter. Care to share your sliders? I’d like to give them a go.
I'll grab them tonight. Been using these for a few weeks now and they have played really well. I use custom rosters with goalies designed specifically to my set so I can't promise the goaltending will be the same, but the checking and skating and overall pace of the game should be pretty universally applicable to vanilla teams/rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #16
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

I tried playing with the sliders, and yes Acceleration on 0 does make the gameplay feel better. But you just can't change the AI and you can't change the goaltending. No matter what you set the sliders to it's just the same ol' EA Hockey...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »