Home

Franchise mode competitive vs simulation

This is a discussion on Franchise mode competitive vs simulation within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Franchise mode competitive vs simulation

I've switched from simulation to competitive in Madden 22 and have really been enjoying my CFM.

I played a few NHL 22 games last night on competitive and it played really well. Going to run my Blues franchise on competitive mode instead of simulation.

Anyone else try competitive mode for their franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #2
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode competitive vs simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've switched from simulation to competitive in Madden 22 and have really been enjoying my CFM.

I played a few NHL 22 games last night on competitive and it played really well. Going to run my Blues franchise on competitive mode instead of simulation.

Anyone else try competitive mode for their franchise?
What's the main difference in game style? Haven't tried it because I feel like I've got sliders set at a reasonably "realistic" (As realistic as an EA game gets at least...) level, but the lack of AI shots from the point ticks me off a bit...
Old 01-28-2022, 11:14 PM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
What's the main difference in game style? Haven't tried it because I feel like I've got sliders set at a reasonably "realistic" (As realistic as an EA game gets at least...) level, but the lack of AI shots from the point ticks me off a bit...
So far to me, game feels tighter and tougher for me to get good shots on goal, I need to setup more and try to hold the puck in the CPU's zone. (I play on superstar)

It just has a different feel to it, for the better.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So far to me, game feels tighter and tougher for me to get good shots on goal, I need to setup more and try to hold the puck in the CPU's zone. (I play on superstar)

It just has a different feel to it, for the better.
Interesting. I've found that since the new patch the game seems to play somewhat similar to how you're describing. Again, I've tinkered with a lot of sliders based on AlTito's set, but I find that it's playing a lot better.

That being said, I'm only 5-6 games in, and have the goalie sliders bumped up a bunch, so that might be part of it as well.

Are you seeing many CPU shots from the point? That's one gripe that I keep having with my current set up (And it seems others are seeing the same issue...). The CPU comes in and controls the puck, but seems absolutely obsessed with getting to high scoring zones, and will typically only shoot from those areas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »