Home

OS Roundtable: Will EA Sports UFC Live Up to Its Predecessors?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Will EA Sports UFC Live Up to Its Predecessors? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: Will EA Sports UFC Live Up to Its Predecessors?

Earlier this week, EA Sports released the first extended look at gameplay in a new video for EA Sports UFC. On the heels of that release, and with the game's fact sheet released earlier this month, we spent some time speculating whether EA Sports UFC was going to live up to its predecessors in terms of quality. Read on for our thoughts and add your own in the comments!

Read More - OS Roundtable: Will EA Sports UFC Live Up to Its Predecessors?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

OVR: 0
I liked almost everything I saw in the video. It was great and it looked leaps and bounds better than any game in the past. The issues I saw was the gameplay style and how many haymaker attempts were thrown--hopefully the game won't play like that and reward players who have patience. Hopefully there is a good submission system too
Old 05-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: OS Roundtable: Will EA Sports UFC Live Up to Its Predecessors?

Absolutely. Everything I've seen so far has looked very good. THQ's UFC games were good, but EA UFC looks like it's gonna be on another level.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

one very important part of the game I am at tad worried about. EA MMA did this right. the Early counter. you come in all crazy, and someone times you, and their hook beats your wild hook to the punch, you were in a world of hurt. Now go to fight night champion, and the same punch did not mean as much, and did not even register as a counter shot. you could only counter off the sway or parry. Because this team worked more with Fight Night than EA MMA this element of the striking game worries me. Now this may have been fixed, but it is concerning until we see a little more.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Banned

Graphic are obviously way better

Animations - on par, maybe even a step down. Some are not smooth together

Gameplay - ground game I am still iffy on. Striking I am iffy...seems like a bunch of haymakers so far. but it could be just the people playing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
I liked almost everything I saw in the video. It was great and it looked leaps and bounds better than any game in the past. The issues I saw was the gameplay style and how many haymaker attempts were thrown--hopefully the game won't play like that and reward players who have patience. Hopefully there is a good submission system too
My biggest fear is it ends up like FNC did. All the whiny little kids online throw tantrums because they cant throw 200 punches a round without slowing down. That game essentially turned into rock em sock em robots last I played. There was no reward for patience or actually trying to box. You could throw 10 shots, pause for 2 seconds and repeat. I really hope theres big time penalties for playing like that and also draining your overall stamina since fights are only 3-5 rounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »