Home

How's your UFC career going?

This is a discussion on How's your UFC career going? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #25
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: How's your UFC career going?

I made a wrestler on easy and am getting my butt kicked. I had to do one or multiple rematches on every TUF fight except one. Every match has gone to decision (well actually I was stopped in one of my rematches). In my debut, (shouldn't the TUF final really be the debut?) the computer parried every thing. Block most of my takedowns, but when I did get it to the ground, he simply flipped me over into mount.

I'm a little lost on a couple things.

1) How to get a better position when mounted. I simply seem to flop between full mount and my back taken.

2) My submissions never seem to trigger.

The stand the fight up way to fast. I really probably shouldn't of started with a wrestler. Hopping to build up my right hand to get some KO's.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I made a wrestler on easy and am getting my butt kicked. I had to do one or multiple rematches on every TUF fight except one. Every match has gone to decision (well actually I was stopped in one of my rematches). In my debut, (shouldn't the TUF final really be the debut?) the computer parried every thing. Block most of my takedowns, but when I did get it to the ground, he simply flipped me over into mount.

I'm a little lost on a couple things.

1) How to get a better position when mounted. I simply seem to flop between full mount and my back taken.

2) My submissions never seem to trigger.

The stand the fight up way to fast. I really probably shouldn't of started with a wrestler. Hopping to build up my right hand to get some KO's.

When in full mount the only way your guy will posture up is if you have the stamina to do so. if your stamina bar is drained in full mount your guy wont posture up so you can throw heavy strikes. block his transtions untill your bar refills then you can posture up, from what i can tell though its really hard to KO and opponent while on the ground
Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #27
Rookie

JPBeBeast's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIXUS81
I just won the quarter finals fight in TUF. I'm a little frustrated though because I had to rematch twice. Yup, if you are as bad as I am and lose a TUF fight you can rematch immediately. I play a Muay Thai fighter and the first time I tried to win I was picking my opponent apart, I even knocked him down a minute into the first round and when I attempted to finish him off via ground and pound he reversed transitioned me until he ended up on top of me with my back facing him. Second round I continue to pick him apart keeping my distance and at the end of the round the judges gives my opponent a unanimous win... I was like W-T-F?!!

Second try I knock my opponent down in the first round again, try and finish him off, and once again he transitions until he is on top of me with my back facing him and I cannot for the life of me transition out of that, if I do the transition move with the right stick I'll switch between being either fully mounted or my back to my opponent, he eventually knocks me out on the ground. Finally on my third try I keep my distance, pick him apart, mount him to ground and pound and immediately stand right back up, clinch him against the cage a little and after 2 rounds I get the unanimous win.

I know I'm a n00b at this game, and I wish I can learn it faster, but I've done the tutorials, I can transition and block transitions in challenge and tutorial mode, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong in a match. Especially when my opponent has my back. Any suggestions?
Glad im not the only one, I played a bit of career last night and the first second TUF fight Ive had to rematch twice. I feel like im picking the dude apart, then he gets the decision; almost feels like you have to knock him out to win.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #28
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Made a middleweight jujitsu fighter who was only 6'1" and 185 on Normal difficulty.

First TUF fight was vs Bender and he was 6'6" with an 8 inch reach advantage. Had to fight that like 5 times. His reach and skill adv was large and he was already 6-0.
Once i finally got past him i won all the other fights first go until the finals. was flash Ko'd. But won by late Sub in 3rd rd the 2nd try.

My fighter was balanced with a weaker chin and less power than other styles to start, but thats how i wanted my first run through to be.

Lost like first 5 fights and thought i was gonna get the boot. Didnt take a lot of damage but lost decision after decision with 2 KOs. Thats when i realized that i needed to upgrade moves sets. I had checked to start but as you unlock abilities and moves you need to apply the moves sets to your control map.

My record was as low as 5-9, But since then as i applied my style to my gameplans as they became unlocked and added moves to my move set map im like 5-0.

Still havent taken much damage and just 1st rd KO'd a guy talking smack about he should be fighting better fighters and received a longevity bonus. As i unlocked the second game plan i have created a standup plan and a ground plan. You could mix but i think you get more benefit if you use each plan on one style.

Career is bare bones and i have sponsors and applied all the gear but it doesnt have as much meaning as it could. Its more for looks and i guess maybe increase fans support.

Training gets repetitive. It needs to be more varied and i would also like at least some input in fights or schedule. I know Dana likes to control that, but it asks me to look at the next fight offer but there is no other choice but to accept.

so im 10-9 with a win streak of nice wins and still well below half way full in longevity damage. At about 14-15.

I like the career stats screen. All your fight info with graphs and stats. How you won, how you lost and quickest win and loss and how. I have fought for 157:24. Taking 303 significant strikes.

SOS (5 release veteran) --Oakland Raiders

10yard Fight (rookie release)-- Detriot Lions
Old 06-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hard difficulty with real 5 mins rounds. Boxer template.

Currently 6-2. Loss one match that I was winning via submission. Made me pay for not investing in defense. The other loss was via decision. Clean sweep by the AI.

Wins have come by KO and TKO. A couple of them were come back victories so I took a beating in quite a few matches already.
Sitting at 5 ticks for longevity. I don't expect a long career.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #30
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm 15-3 and ranked #15 in the heavyweight division. I was ranked #10 but just lost a decision to Bigfoot Silva, that sob.

I avenged my other two losses now I hope I get another shot at Bigfoot.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

I actually think my first career is almost done. Just started playing yesterday. Im 35-1 playing on normal lol. 16 KOs 13 SUBs and 6 decisions. I think i took too much damage early on in my career and its taking its toll now. I only have 4 career damage bars left. Started trying to finish fights earlier now and its not helping. My significant strike defense is only 35.2% and im guessing thats bad even though my total strikes avoided is at 58%. Im probably going to start a new career as Ken Shamrock on hard tonight though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #32
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

middleweight, 8-2 both losses by knockout, all 8 wins by knockout. Won my TUF fight by decision.

had a 17 second win catching a guy with a counter upercut for my career highlight so far. Have won 3 KO of the night awards and my next fight will finally be on the main card...however im making a lightweight now

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »