Home

EA Sports UFC Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New Patch is Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Very pleased with this patch.

I used to love to play against the AI in UFC3 and I'm glad to see that the EA MMAI is much stronger now.
Played a ton of matches against pro AI today. Since I know that the AI dev frequents this board, I would like t provide my 2 cents:

- Make the AI less likely to standup from guard and half guard positions. Make the AI work that GNP. I saw Josh Koscheck AI do this multiple times against me using Robbie. Similar when I used Ross against Khabib; Khabib has a huge advantage on the ground but it didn't seem like the AI was taking advantage of that. I still remember playing against Undisputed 3's GSP or Chael AI. Those AIs were dead set on getting the fight to the ground and smothering the player. I hope to see EA MMAI play like this.
- Would like to see ground based fighters go for more takedowns and clinch takedowns. Played Lawler against Maia AI and he seemed like Maia was content on standing with me.
+ Haven't seen this called out but it seems like the AI isn't standing up from mount anymore so that's great!

Robots, I played more deliberate mismatches on the ground to see how the AI attacks:
Barry (me) - Werdum
Pearson (me) - Maynard
Hunt (me) - big nog
Lawler (me) - Sonnen

Standup:
- Generally improved a lot!
- I would make the AI use weak block a bit more to avoid parry fests which is very common at Pro difficulty.

Ground:
- Scratch the last part of previous post. Saw Werdum and Sonnen standup from full mount dominant. That needs to stop. Saw big nog stand up two times from side control.
- Continued to see AI that is being lit up on the feet try to standup from full guard dominant, half guard dominant, stacked guard dominant and full mount dominant. I would intentionally not block transitions and only block enough punches to not turn fully red. The AI still stands up even though it is winning by a big margin on the ground.
- Would definitely like to see a bit more takedown attempts.
- Did takedowns get tuned? I noticed that I'm being taken down much less by the AI when they make standard attempts. Was success rate decreased because of the kick catch takedowns?
- Would love to see strong wrestlers get a drive into full guard move from sprawl bottom.

Clinch:
- Same dominant position issue as on the ground. AI will let go of MT clinch and back control even though the AI is landing plenty of flush strikes. And the AI was the one who initiated the clinch to begin with.
- AI needs to mix in more clinch takedown attempts.

Last edited by pdandy; 08-26-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah you were always able to do that, because I have always done that a lot. Of all the new fighters they could have added, Mike Pyle definitely didn't pop into my mind of who they should add. I was hoping for Dos Anos or Diego Sanchez
I'm with ya. Pyle is kind of a head scratcher for me. Dos Anjos, Bermudez, Rumble, Assuncao, Lombard, Kennedy all would have made a lot more sense.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #27
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Looks like we just released a trailer for the new patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCo...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Looks like we just released a trailer for the new patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTCo...ature=youtu.be
That Nick Diaz taunt is awesome!!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #29
MVP

FaM0us Skins's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope Bobby Green and RDA is chosen in the next update
Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
I'm with ya. Pyle is kind of a head scratcher for me. Dos Anjos, Bermudez, Rumble, Assuncao, Lombard, Kennedy all would have made a lot more sense.
Yeah. I wouldve named 15 other fighters before I got to Pyle. It seems their pattern is two no brainer additions and one headscratcher. Mizugaki and Pyle are the headscratchers.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Pyle's addition isn't that surprising now that I remembered he was featured in the short messages to your fighter in Career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
aholbert32,

how much different is this game from the demo? I bought a PS4 2 weeks ago. I downloaded the demo and was less than impressed.
Light years. The demo was three patches ago. AI agression tweaks. Stamina tweaks. More animations. Sprawl animation and catching kicks added.

I'm not saying the game is close to perfect but the demo isnt exactly a good representation of the game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »