Home

Career mode expansion?

This is a discussion on Career mode expansion? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #9
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career mode expansion?

I think the focus of this offering was to get the gameplay right and mechanics, and to be perfectly honest the dev guys have gone above and beyond with their reception to feedback and tweaks to gameplay and additional fighters. They could have made each of these DLC's .99 cents and they probably would have gotten my money but they were free.

I'd be surprised if EA isn't cooking up a "Franchise" mode for UFC 2. I'd like to see "Promoter Mode" where you start out running your own fight league maybe exploit the fact UFC owns the rights to Strikeforce, Pride, WFA, WEC and maybe create a universe where you allocate fighters from the game, created fighters, and auto generated fighters across 4 or 5 promotions and then start at the least valuable league and get the experience of building the brand and hopefully getting promoted all the way to the UFC.

There's a lot of things that could be done to offer depth; bidding free agents against other brands, sponsors, building cards, cross promotion, injuries, PPV "buys", integrate Fox sports branding etc etc. You could also do something similar to "Ultimate Team" with creating a roster and doing challenges.

Here's to hoping the masses get behind the brand so EA has the financial support to get into the weeds with modes.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

There is so much that can be done to add to career mode. Establish rivalries. Maybe during The Ultimate Fighter portion have you clash or have issues with someone. Have the ability to call out fighters above you or for them to call you out. Give you an option or some semblance of who you want to fight. Give the ability to see a full breakdown of the fighter you are going up against (may be in the game but I haven't seen it). Have your manager or someone that provides a gameplan to follow that earns you extra XP or some reward for your fighter.

I love the idea of being able to have a camp. I'd really love it if you can start a camp from ground up and have to scout or recruit fighters to your camp and you can manage how much money you're spending for training and can have fighters in different weight classes and in some cases even conflicts among fighters in your camp.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #11
Rookie

casey_horton's Arena

OVR: 0

I think all of the ideas going around are great. I think they can take away a good amount of the things even that UFC Undisputed had in their career mode as far as having weigh-ins, building rivalries etc. There are so many avenues to take this game and I have to say from a gameplay standpoint I've had a lot of fun. It's a good build for year 1 but it's time to expand.

I think adding camps is huge, but also there should be a cause and effect for training. If I don't have a good camp and may not excel in a specific training, I shouldn't be able to retry it as many times to ultimately get the max points. And also there should be diminishing skills. There gets to a point where the damage you have taken in your career and added with your age where it may be harder to train, thus not allowing you to always 'max' out.

My one major thing that I can't understand is always missing..is why can I never play as a REAL fighter in career mode??? I feel like a lot of games are starting to harp on playing as your created player and such. It just makes me mad because they've got so many real fighters whom I look up to and enjoy watching, but I can only play them in online modes or just a regular pick up fight. There was something for me when I could finish a career in the Fight Night Series as Manny Pacquiao, move up divisions, fight real rivalries etc. Then I would take on other challenges and maybe play as Roy Jones Jr. To me that miniscule option would come a long way for me.

Of course there are a lot more places for this game to go, just hope they make the right choices because it is a promising series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
kingsofthevally, you're singing my song.

Career modes were MADE for fighting games like MMA and boxing.

This is what I would LOVE to see - a Managers Mode.
You own a gym and your rep starts at the bottom. You begin with 2 to 4 random fighters of which you have to try and steer towards stardom.
You have to hire staff, maintain your gym and put on local cards to earn money to upgrade your gym and trainers.

The more success you have, the more upscale, talented fighters will want to work with you. Maybe you eventually get to a stable of 10 fighters?

This has to happen. In the last decade there's been minimal innovation in the single player arena.

A manager mode is easily the most logical path of progression. Even in real life the pack mentality and gym personality is just as engaging as the personalities of individual fighters.

Growing a brand and cultivating talent is far more engaging than taking a single player up a point oriented ladder.

Its time to come to terms with how antiquated the single fighter mode is and start looking at how much more enjoyable the experience could be as you train and grow a number of fighters over many disciplines.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »