Home

No Sliders in EA UFC 2.

This is a discussion on No Sliders in EA UFC 2. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
No Sliders in EA UFC 2.

So I can finally talk about one of the things that is most disappointing about this game.....no gameplay sliders. I've known about this for a few months and many of you already speculated that the game would not have sliders but GPD just confirmed it on the EA forums.

I would be lying if I said I wasnt disappointed when I first found out there were no sliders in UFC 2. I am a firm believer that gameplay sliders are necessary in every sports games. Even games with ultra realistic gameplay and AI need sliders. Why?

Because everybody doesnt play the same way.

For example, I would love to be able to play a UFC game where if I fought against an AI Lyoto Machida, I would have to constantly chase after him because he's only being aggressive in spurts (true to the real Lyoto). Where against AI Machida, there would be rounds where less than 20 strikes were actually thrown.

Now I recognize that not everyone wants an ultra realistic game. Many people would be annoyed if they fought AI Machida and he fought that way. The only way to ensure that all of us are happy is to give us sliders so that we can personally tune the game to our taste and skill set.

Another example is I'm significantly better at grappling than striking in UFC 2. Even with grappling, I'm way better at wrestling and advancing than subs. Sliders are the only way that I could raise the difficulty in the areas that I'm good at and reduce the difficulty in the areas i'm not.

Finally, every sim player complains about permanent stamina in the EA UFC series. The devs are a bit hesitant to make huge changes to that for legitimate reasons. A perm stamina slider would end those complaints. If I want to make it so someone gasses if they throws nothing but modified strikes in a round...I should be able to do that.

As long as I'm a gamechanger, I'm going to push EA to add sliders. I completely understand that only two combat sports series (Fight Night and WWE) have ever had sliders but this is something that needs to be added to a MMA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: No Sliders in EA UFC 2.

Damn it....
Old 02-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Being more of an offline player, I totally agree with everything you pointed out.
Didn't expect it to happen in EA UFC 2 but hope it gets added in the next one.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Very disappointing.

I have no idea what this process involves but I'd imagine for a game like this the sliders would be pretty easy to implement, just mathematical changes under rhe hood (how much damage a strike does, how successful grappling attempts are, etc) but who knows.

Still gonna love the game, but very disappointed. I had convinced myself they would be in this time.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
MVP

I had a pretty good idea that they wouldn't be in the game since they likely would have announced it a while back. Still very disappointing. Even a stamina slider and a KO power slider would have been a big step up.

Edit: Which thread is it in over there? I believe you of course but I'd like to see what he said about it.

Last edited by fballturkey; 02-12-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:50 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I had a pretty good idea that they wouldn't be in the game since they likely would have announced it a while back. Still very disappointing. Even a stamina slider and a KO power slider would have been a big step up.

Edit: Which thread is it in over there? I believe you of course but I'd like to see what he said about it.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10397651.page

If you guys want this added we need to be loud about. As you can see the EA forums dont really give a **** about sliders. There is a six page thread about people wanting EA to release the roster. 2 pages of responses about adding a push animation.

But no one there has posted even a response to the news there would be no sliders.

I honestly think that is one of the reasons why the offline community gets ignored because we dont make enough noise. There are 8 gamechangers. I'm the only one that plays primarily offline. Which is a shame since the majority of players who owned UFC 1 play mostly offline.

But those guys make noise when they dont get what they want and thats why some of their requests get added.

I would be happy with a perm stamina slider right as a start. I would expect more in UFC 3 but one slider could effect the game in a huge way. If we push for it maybe this is something they can add with a patch.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #8
MVP

Wow, I was looking for a big thread where everyone went nuclear, must be how I missed it. I put in my two cents (constructively and politely I think,) agree that people that want to see sliders need to make it known.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »