Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #97
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
Is there a reason why the score cards for split decisions are not announced??? Was it removed because of a bug or something? There isnt a smooth transition from Bruce Buffer announcing the winner so it seems to me like it was bugged and removed.

One of the most tense moments in MMA is waiting for the scorecards and hearing hearing a split decision after a 5 round title fight. How this is not in the game is baffling to me.

I really hope this gets added back in.
Its a bug and its been reported.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #98
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
To GameDevUFC and whoever else involved with the game that posts here:

I can't stress this enough, but something has to be done about stamina on spinning kicks. Every McGregor I go against plays like a ****ing fool, and there's no reason for them not to do it a million times per match because they never slow down. I'm 13-4 in ranked, so I'm handling them okay, but this is just ridiculous. Please do something about this. I posted a clip of one of my McGregor encounters in the video thread so you can see what I'm talking about.
Lol and everyone who plays with him taunts like him as well. I use wrestler/Brawlers so I basically try to get inside lean back from the high kick and shoot for the single. Unfortunately in divisions 3 and especially div 4 guys mix body and head kicks well so it's more difficult to deal with.

The most frustrating thing was taking Mcgregor down and the guy triangle chocked me 45 seconds later. I think EA made Mcgregor too slick on the ground.

Last edited by Hiro1; 03-18-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #99
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

do u think we can get patch a random button for choosing fighters offline? u can do it online but not offline.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #100
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0

Are devs looking for clinch? Why almost all guys have mt tai clinch just by attempting clinch its too dominant position like full mount, is this will be fixed ?

Can we create a topic with wish list in next patch ?

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

After playing the Beta and then playing this game for roughly 12 hours here are my impressions:

1) Stand up is much improved. Yes, people still spam body kicks, but there are ways to defend against it. Although not realistic, it is even more fun to beat these people. I love that the jab and straight are much more useful punches in this years' game.

2) The ground game is improved, but still leaves a little to be desired. I'd like to see a little more of a difference between the ELITE and the good or even not so good grapplers on the ground. Also, did the creators of the game pretend to never see McGregor on the ground?!?! lower those stats please.

3) Career mode is garbage. I'm a 50/50 career/online player in this game, but I can't be in this version. The career mode was literally given 0 thought. They could take this mode in so many different directions and they didn't do any of them. You can only change classes once, and never move back? How about giving us a camp and letting us create multiple people a-la Ultimate Team? Hopefully this is in the works for 2018's game.

4) Stamina is bad (spam kickers I alluded to) and ground game, although I understand the concept of making it more video game like in this aspect. Doesn't mean I'd rather them do this than make it realistic.

Overall I actually love the game. Is it perfect? No. Is it my favorite game to date for xbox 1? Absolutely. I don't want to seem too negative, I love this game and will play it online until the next one, just like I did w/ the last one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #102
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Let me start out by saying online I get killed, so I'm not that good at the game. This is all against Cpu on pro(the highest difficulty)in event mode.

I think we need a house rules thread against cpu. Either that, or ea needs to make some things less effective. Right now, I can't punch anyone on the ground, or else they get stunned, and it's an easy tko. Also clinch knees seem to do to much damage, and so do combos. The first punch stuns them,and you can get a few too many punches in, easy ko. I just did the worst fw, against Connor McGregor, and won 3/4 fights.

Again not bragging, just concerned that a guy who just picked this game up, and isn't doing anything unrealistic, can beat the best striker, with the worst striker on the "highest" difficulty. With ease I may add.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:15 PM   #103
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Are fighters suppose to lose a little stamina after certain or all take downs, like the L1+L2 take downs the wrestlers use. This might be different online but against the cpu it doesn't seem like they lose any stamina and if they do it seems very little. In ufc 3 these take downs did damage to the body and it would show.

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Old 03-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #104

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm finishing my career with a female bantamweight fighter, and this will be my last opponent.

Good freaking luck to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »