Home

1/2 to the body spam

This is a discussion on 1/2 to the body spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #145
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1/2 to the body spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Yes. You're actually stunned because the input plays out. If you hadn't punched, his jab wouldn't have stopped you at all.

This is a super classic mechanic in arcade games. And it is the opposite of rock'em sock'em. Rock'em sock'em is when you hit the guy and he hits you without a chance for you to defend. But with in EA UFC 2, you can be safe if you hit the guy first either with something powerful enough, or hit him soon enough (with high strikes).
Sweet! Thanks for the info. Do you know if the stamina for the strike is also deducted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #146
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLight03
I agree with this. I went from having swaying a regular part of my game and actually used perks like Pay-to-Miss and Untouchable, to not using at all, almost ever. Just no point when I can walk backwards and not get hit by anything, because the offensive opportunities created by slipping are not worth the body damage. I'm assuming this change was made in order to encourage using slips in other directions, which would be perfectly fine things like ducking and slipping to the side didn't get you hit by strikes it shouldn't. What made swaying back so effective was that it ACTUALLY WORKED. The other slip directions don't always slip the shots they're designed to slip.

Also, it used to be if you were taking body shots you can just uppercut your opponent and punish them for leaning in on you, but because now you deal reduced damage if a strike is landed on you prior to throwing within a short window, uppercuts are much less effective at stopping body spam. I'm not sure how this can be fixed.
Well said bro, Very well said...

The head sway was a huge part of my game before patch, and now after patch I don't use it that much unless someone is just throwing bombs.

It needs to get a buff back to make it worth using again.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:34 AM   #147
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
No.

Rock em sock em robots is the definition of the stand-up we currently have.
UFC 2? lol
Old 04-28-2016, 04:15 AM   #148
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
UFC 2? lol
yeah problem with this game is, that it wont allow u counterstriking, because if u attempt to do that u will be already in some mini stun from jabs and straights
Old 04-28-2016, 07:51 AM   #149
Banned

Tyler_1873's Arena

A combo takes more skill to pull of than a 'single well timed strike'.

I don't see the problem with the combo modifier. If you take 4 strikes in a row without blocking you deserve to be at least rocked.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #150
Banned

Those hating on the sway clearly have no idea what they're talking about. They did a good thing nerfing back sway( just need to make it so body shots dont miss because of it). It actually takes skill to time your sways now instead of the scrubby leaning back to everything
Old 04-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #151
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
To be clear I am a top player (as are several posters in this thread) and even we are saying this must be fixed.
yup exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinklime
To be honest it's pure insanity. Stepping into the online world should be pleasant
Sorry but I disagree. If you are coming into the (competitive) online world, it shouldn't be pleasant, it should be an insane ride, grit your teeth, fight to the death, etc --- only pleasant after you win.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #152
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
One last thing about the 1-2...

Ever since they nerfed the head movement, and made body shots do more damage, it has made the head sway worthless now, unless it's a punch to the head your dodging you have no chance to sway without taking OP body blows. Also throw on top crazy Hi/low combos all game with success and you have a head sway that needs a buff now with all these body combos ppl are doing.

(There was no need to nerf the head sway before patch)

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Those hating on the sway clearly have no idea what they're talking about. They did a good thing nerfing back sway( just need to make it so body shots dont miss because of it). It actually takes skill to time your sways now instead of the scrubby leaning back to everything

IMO -- there was no need to increase the damage to body during a sway. What they NEED to do is fix the hit detection to the body during a sway (and other times too, but sway in particular).

Soooooo many body shots to someone who is swaying 'connect' in the animation, but register as a miss --- if they could fix that, there would be no need to increase damage to sway.

I felt the damage buff was the easy way out compared to trying to fix the hit detection physics.............
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »