Home

Make BACKPEDAL slower DURING counter window

This is a discussion on Make BACKPEDAL slower DURING counter window within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Make BACKPEDAL slower DURING counter window

Current stand up mechanics is not right because of many things.
The main scenario is closing, launch a combo, backpedal.
Backpedal is very fast and prevent punishment when you parry, sway, dodge opponent's strike successfully, especially for short range fighters.

But it is possible to solve this problem very easy even in the current game strike mechanics!

Backpedal - moving away (walking) from the opponent by Left stick, possible Block holding.
MP - multiplier.

COUNTER WINDOW (CW) - 2-3 sec duration of time during which you have Damage MP, so yr follow up strike becomes more powerful.

When i get CW:
- after successful Parry = 2 sec
- after successful Sway = 3 sec
- after successful Dodge/Side step = 3 sec
- after opponent's whiffed strike = 3 sec

Opponent being in Counter window state has:
- ability to block
- ability to side step/dodge, sway, parry
- but the worse: he has the SAME backpedal speed
- also we dont have Run in the game, FWD dash is more dangerous and not so effective as a pursuit tool.

What is more difficult: backpedal VS more skillful techniques (rigth timed Parry, sway, Dodge)?
Of course backpedal > so we have DISBALANCE:
to gain striking advantage (CW) i need to make skillful techniques > when i performed them successfully - i can not to gain my reward because of not skilled simple opponent's fast backpedal - as said above in many situations u just can not to land it because of too fats Backpedal.

How to solve this right now by patch:

- decrease Backpedal speed by nearly 50% DURING Counter Window duration (2-3 sec).

Example:
Opponent begins his combo > u anticipate his strike > u successfully parry/sway/dodge/side step it and gain CW for 2-3 sec > opponent during this 2-3 sec has slower backpedal speed and can not to escape easily; he is forced to use more advanced techniques like:
- parry/sway/dodge/side step
- Block which is breackable
- or another way to get CW to him.
= Balance.
One this thing will make stand up gameplay more balanced and more varied.

Last edited by SUGATA; 08-23-2016 at 05:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Make BACKPEDAL slower DURING counter window

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Current stand up mechanics is not right because of many things.
The main scenario is closing, launch a combo, backpedal.
Backpedal is very fast and prevent punishment when you parry, sway, dodge opponent's strike successfully, especially for short range fighters.

But it is possible to solve this problem very easy even in the current game strike mechanics!

Backpedal - moving away (walking) from the opponent by Left stick, possible Block holding.
MP - multiplier.

COUNTER WINDOW (CW) - 2-3 sec duration of time during which you have Damage MP, so yr follow up strike becomes more powerful.

When i get CW:
- after successful Parry = 2 sec
- after successful Sway = 3 sec
- after successful Dodge/Side step = 3 sec
- after opponent's whiffed strike = 3 sec

Opponent being in Counter window state has:
- ability to block
- ability to side step/dodge, sway, parry
- but the worse: he has the SAME backpedal speed
- also we dont have Run in the game, FWD dash is more dangerous and not so effective as a pursuit tool.

What is more difficult: backpedal VS more skillful techniques (rigth timed Parry, sway, Dodge)?
Of course backpedal > so we have DISBALANCE:
to gain striking advantage (CW) i need to make skillful techniques > when i performed them successfully - i can not to gain my reward because of not skilled simple opponent's fast backpedal - as said above in many situations u just can not to land it because of too fats Backpedal.

How to solve this right now by patch:

- decrease Backpedal speed by nearly 50% DURING Counter Window duration (2-3 sec).

Example:
Opponent begins his combo > u anticipate his strike > u successfully parry/sway/dodge/side step it and gain CW for 2-3 sec > opponent during this 2-3 sec has slower backpedal speed and can not to escape easily; he is forced to use more advanced techniques like:
- parry/sway/dodge/side step
- Block which is breackable
- or another way to get CW to him.
= Balance.
One this thing will make stand up gameplay more balanced and more varied.
Have you ever seen Machida or Michael page fight? It's fine the way it is. It should definitely not be slowed because your opponent dodged a punch. That's not reality works.

What they should do is drastically increase stamina drain on walking backwards and reduce movement speed gradually but significantly with stamina drain.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Have you ever seen Machida or Michael page fight? It's fine the way it is. It should definitely not be slowed because your opponent dodged a punch. That's not reality works.

What they should do is drastically increase stamina drain on walking backwards and reduce movement speed gradually but significantly with stamina drain.
There are some unreal things in the game, and our goal is to solve them to make gameplay more balanced.
Irl after whiffed strike you loose yr balance and u need time to recover because of physics.
So as we have so unreal striking standup now, slow down backpedal in such situations may be a compromise.

And no i dont think drain stamina and its effect must to be on walking - because now Stamina affects dodge/side steps/sway speed and range so this is enough.

Last edited by SUGATA; 08-23-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:48 PM   #4
Rookie

TheSouthpaw's Arena

Disagree with you on adding this to the game. We already have the notorious parry freeze. The last thing we need is a movement freeze.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
Disagree with you on adding this to the game. We already have the notorious parry freeze. The last thing we need is a movement freeze.
Even after "Parry freeze" often you can not to land yr strike (with short range fighter) so yr successful parry is not rewarded.

1. not freeze but slowdown

2. during slowdowned backpedal you can perform ALL advanced skillful defensive techniques, unlike the "parry freeze".

This is different.

And this will allow to hugely decrease Parry role in the game or even remove it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Definitely need something to be done to allow short range fighters to close the distance better

Some of these concepts noted above, plus lunging strikes, plus 'forward moving head movement' (Fight Night Bob & Weave mechanic) would really be helpful
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »