Home

New Patch? New Problems NEEDS FIXING

This is a discussion on New Patch? New Problems NEEDS FIXING within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 01:29 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
New Patch? New Problems NEEDS FIXING

Two things -

1) Holy hell the lag. Idk how it is for PS4 but Xbox is pretty unplayable right now ever since the patch. I played 4 matches tonight and quit out of two just from the connection. Talked to other players and they have been experiencing the same thing.

NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ^^

2) The new head sway damage / hit stun. People already devalued the headsways as it is and now they are worse. Zhunter and I tested last night, Round 1 in a fresh fight he headswayed forward and I hit him with one uppercut and his fighter did a backflip and got knocked down. Like come on really? It's like you guys added a 500% increase in power for everything if someone leans forward. I see what you guys were trying to do but it came out very lazy.

Fix - Add a % increase in momentum based counters. Uppercuts / crane kicks ect when your head is forward, straights/jabs when leaning back, and hooks when they lean into the punch.

Oh and don't even get me started on side step / backdash cheese. People are spamming side steps and eating kicks like never before. Oh and if you try to counter hook off a side step? It misses. No GA gained for a timed takedown during a sidestep either. Come on EA

It makes sense to do increased uppercut damage when swaying forward but EVERYTHING gets bonus damage. Leg kicks, body uppercuts, a Jab can send someone 6 feet back if they are swaying forwards.

With how the meta is right now (Throw a **** ton of hit stuns and break someones block with 1-2's) not being able to smoothly sway out of strikes is awful.

Rant over.

Ps- Weak block didn't need a nerf. Catching up to people running needed a BUFF.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 08-19-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 03:29 AM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: New Patch? New Problems NEEDS FIXING

I think the patch is great, but that's is just me. Also i love the buff to strikes and the nerf to weak block, and this is from someone who just uses head sway and never ever parries. (Also I knew about the lean foward buff to strikes the day the patch dropped.)

I LOVE THIS PATCH!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:03 AM   #3
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I think the patch is great, but that's is just me. Also i love the buff to strikes and the nerf to weak block, and this is from someone who just uses head sway and never ever parries. (Also I knew about the lean foward buff to strikes the day the patch dropped.)

I LOVE THIS PATCH!
Agreed. One of the few patches that made the game more enjoyable for a stand-up guy like me.

That said,lag in PS4 is an issue and sidestepping was an issue even before the patch that needs to be adressed.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:08 AM   #4
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Agreed. One of the few patches that made the game more enjoyable for a stand-up guy like me.

That said,lag in PS4 is an issue and sidestepping was an issue even before the patch that needs to be adressed.
I love side stepping. I just love the freedom to move around in UFC 2 and i really don't want that touched to make everyone slower. Also for me i haven't noticed any lag at all to be honest. Everything seems good on my end.

I'm really enjoying this game so much after the patch. The stand up is just so much better now. Fun!

Side Note: I keep saying this, but i think this is the best place UFC 2 has ever been. Online is pretty balanced and competitive.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 08-19-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:27 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

I get it guys they fixed the magic combo wooohooo but there's still issues needing to be addressed.

If anyone thinks side steps are balanced, go send "The Relaxed Guy" an invite on Xbox One. Try to hit him and he will laugh at you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #6
Banned

Bonezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
I get it guys they fixed the magic combo wooohooo but there's still issues needing to be addressed.

If anyone thinks side steps are balanced, go send "The Relaxed Guy" an invite on Xbox One. Try to hit him and he will laugh at you.
Then that's your problem. Not his. You've got body kicks, etc.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Two things -

1) Holy hell the lag. Idk how it is for PS4 but Xbox is pretty unplayable right now ever since the patch. I played 4 matches tonight and quit out of two just from the connection. Talked to other players and they have been experiencing the same thing.

NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ^^

2) The new head sway damage / hit stun. People already devalued the headsways as it is and now they are worse. Zhunter and I tested last night, Round 1 in a fresh fight he headswayed forward and I hit him with one uppercut and his fighter did a backflip and got knocked down. Like come on really? It's like you guys added a 500% increase in power for everything if someone leans forward. I see what you guys were trying to do but it came out very lazy.

Fix - Add a % increase in momentum based counters. Uppercuts / crane kicks ect when your head is forward, straights/jabs when leaning back, and hooks when they lean into the punch.

Oh and don't even get me started on side step / backdash cheese. People are spamming side steps and eating kicks like never before. Oh and if you try to counter hook off a side step? It misses. No GA gained for a timed takedown during a sidestep either. Come on EA

It makes sense to do increased uppercut damage when swaying forward but EVERYTHING gets bonus damage. Leg kicks, body uppercuts, a Jab can send someone 6 feet back if they are swaying forwards.

With how the meta is right now (Throw a **** ton of hit stuns and break someones block with 1-2's) not being able to smoothly sway out of strikes is awful.

Rant over.

Ps- Weak block didn't need a nerf. Catching up to people running needed a BUFF.
I played someone in div 7 last night who just kept side stepping over and over and I couldn't do anything. I mean I could land a body kick, but it wouldn't do anything. I was like Jesus Christ, wtf.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #8
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Ever since the patch I've had a harder time using weaker fighters. There's no incentive at all to not use the top fighters at all. I was El Pantera yesterday versus Conor yesterday and I beat this guy like a redheaded stepchild. Yet for some reason he doesn't even die. But I get hit with one of his spinning **** and my guy just dies. His spinning headkick sent me flying 3 times. Still won the decision though. Then there was a fight where I was Scott Jorgensen versus Almeida. I'm landing bombs on this guy then I get hit with one elbow and a headkick and Scott just dies. I'm talking no recovery thing no nothin. This was in the first round and I literally had zero damage before that as I was stomping on him before. This game just needs an entire overhaul. If you're going to have all this ballerina **** then make it high risk high reward. Fix the stamina. Slow the game down. Etc.

I hope you guys give us Simulation and Casual mode for EA UFC 3 like Undisputed 3 had. That way you still get to please the "never seen a fight in my life but watch me 360 kick people with "Conner" or "John Jones"" and you get to please us, the crowd who actually cares about the sport. So I don't have to get yelled at for doing a rolling kneebar with Mir vs Jones. Literally got told to "fight normal" because I did a rolling kneebar while he was doing his spinning **** and sliding kicks all over the place.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »