Home

EA UFC 3 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 wishlist thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 wishlist thread

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but I would love the ability to pull guard as that is something anyone can do in real life. At the very least top BJJ fighters should be able to pull guard in the game.

They also need to add a universal quick match option as you can never get a fight at the high levels.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #34
Rookie

Older games had a "pull guard" move. Ought to be added.

I would love CAF that you can build without all the tedious effort. Give gamers X amount of attribute points to distribute to size, speed, stamina, etc; choose a fighter stance and a martial art (wrestling/BJJ,Muay Thai); customizable movesets.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:07 AM   #35
MVP

I would like to see pull kick sweeps too. I haven't seen any demonstrated in the ufc yet iirc tho. They are like a normal leg kick but at the knee junction and you kick at the hamstring tendon area (like the inner knee joint) with the metatarsals and up of your feet and pull; you could yank with good balance and double up with a low line side kick or oblique stomp if you unhook.

So they would function like the leg kick trips already present but just cause stumbles and maybe like the health event event would be sweeping them off their feet. It's like the Romero style ankle pick but it's like a pull kick knee tap.
These could be like clinching kicks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 07:41 AM   #36
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I would like to see a complete overhaul for the striking system. I don't think many people are satisfied with the striking at all, especially not considering the credentials the team has in striking with the Fight Night series.

Surely MMA striking is a whole different challenge to take on, but there's no logic in the striking from what I can see at all. In the first game it was a wide arsenal of special moves all thrown together.

The second game was somewhat better, but still, the things that made people love the boxing games, are completely absent in the MMA games. Even though they make perfect sense to also be in an MMA game.

I hope they stop adding flashy looking special moves. They don't really add anything from my perspective. It's just another animation without any purpose. Fun the first few times, after that it becomes a complete nuisance as it overshadows the basic strikes.

When the franchise was first announced I had a lot of confidence in the striking, surely they'd know where to take it with all the years of experience. Right now, I really don't know anymore. I thought grappling was going to be the thing holding the game back, but it's actually the complete opposite.

Hopefully bringing in some MMA experts such as Robin Black and that other guy, will pay off.

I don't even know where they should start on the striking anymore. They totally didn't include anything that I love about realistic striking in the first place.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #37
MVP

Not to mention an actual closed guard position leading to high full guard etc; like a dominant full guard to complement the neutral full guard and the dominant postured up/stacked. Maybe a 50/50 to complement stacked and an imanari roll td into 50/50 etc.

With regards to fundamental obvious striking changes I feel the 1, 2 needs special attention, guys like Diaz should have a fundamentally different 1, 2 than most; should have unique animations and timing and sensitivity.

I would really like to see more fighter uniqueness and something that would make each fighters stand out more- from being clinched by Khabib to trying to run down Alvarez, Wonderboy, Holm to explosive forward and diagonal lunges (stepping strikes) of Woodley, Hendricks, and Lombard to lighting switch kicks of Barboza to thunder left straights of McGregor, RDA, Holm to the shifting of Silva, Cruz, Bisping to clinch punch KOs like Hendo, Cerrone, and Johnson.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:36 PM   #38
MVP

Trillz's Arena

this game done a good job making them unique outside of fighting but actually in the fight, its not so much of a great job.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #39
MVP

Standing arm trap/head & hand/wrist control/trap + block peel.

Here stool/glove-gate sorta overshadowed the technique but it's a great example, other than Kennedy hooking inside the glove which is illegal iirc (accordingly to Kennedy happened on accident as his hand slid down during all the friction), but the same idea just clinching the wrist or glove/hand would be a great clinch position to tie single collar and head & hand control.

I really hope this is patched in especially with how prominent it has become with recent examples of Johnson using it at a high level I hope it gets looked into like the imanari roll after Rory McDonald utilized it at a high level.

Otherwise at least for EAUFC3, but with all the displeasure going around the community with regards to the parry- I hope this gets attention and parries get tuned plus preemptive parry in the form of pawing with extended feints and clinch parries.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:40 PM   #40
Rookie

WhoDatNinja's Arena

Id like to see less people rendered totally unconscious from non-mount ground and pound. People just get put to sleep too much from side control, and back side control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »