Home

CATCH PUNCH into Clinch by Parry for EA UFC 3

This is a discussion on CATCH PUNCH into Clinch by Parry for EA UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #57
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CATCH PUNCH into Clinch by Parry for EA UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
OK, so me and a friend of mine tested it, and we can confirm you were both late on your counters. A parry locks you in place for about half in second during which you cannot do anything, not parry, not move and not slip/sway. Unless your opponent is late on the punish, you cannot evade parry counters. We made a video of it trying everything

9:30 - strikes with <15 frames startup (15 frames is approximate value) are guaranteed because Parry stun is nearly 15 frames.
But pay attention that every next Parry ina row has shorter window and harder to succeed.

My copy-past:

PARRY:
Stamina cost: very small, constant cost (not depends on success, quantity in a row).
Depends on (Parry success depends on Denial window (wider = easier to parry), which depends on):
- SA: Defenseman has more Stamina than Attacker = easier to Parry him
- Every next successful Parry in a row has shorter Denial window = harder to Parry him (optimal to make max 2-3 Parries in a row)
- Health: no effect
- Health event: no effect
Parry window (6-15 frames):
- based on SA: with 0 SA = 6 frames, with mid SA = 10 frames
- based on numbers of MY successful Parries in a row: every next _successful_ MY Parry will have (approx. twice) shorter window and so harder to success (2-3 Parry in a row is maximum). Do not try to _successful_ Parry many times in a row.
Parry is available only in Stand up, NO Parries in Clinch, Ground.
Parry causes Stun to the opponent (not possible to do anything) = 15 frames. So, possible to Parry/Sway/Dash 15+ startup Strikes (but <15 frames Strikes are guaranteed: Jab, Straight, fast Hooks).
WRONG Parry level: DO NOT get increased Health & Stamina damage, than w/o Parrying – no difference
NO ANY PENALTIES (no effect) in Parrying after: after getting hit (no Parry unavailability). So, possible to Parry after receiving the hit and in the mid of opponent’s successful combo.

Parry’s advantage over Sway/Dodge: Parry stops incoming Strike (and stops strike series), Sway/Dodge does not > After successful Parry I can immediately launch my Counter strike in my CW; After successful Sway/Dodge I need to wait for opening between his strikes to launch my Counter strike and still in CW!
Sway/Dodge’s advantage over Parry: Sway/Dodge is a tool VS Mix-ups (high-low)!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:34 AM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
9:30 - strikes with <15 frames startup (15 frames is approximate value) are guaranteed because Parry stun is nearly 15 frames.
But pay attention that every next Parry ina row has shorter window and harder to succeed.

My copy-past:

PARRY:
Stamina cost: very small, constant cost (not depends on success, quantity in a row).
Depends on (Parry success depends on Denial window (wider = easier to parry), which depends on):
- SA: Defenseman has more Stamina than Attacker = easier to Parry him
- Every next successful Parry in a row has shorter Denial window = harder to Parry him (optimal to make max 2-3 Parries in a row)
- Health: no effect
- Health event: no effect
Parry window (6-15 frames):
- based on SA: with 0 SA = 6 frames, with mid SA = 10 frames
- based on numbers of MY successful Parries in a row: every next _successful_ MY Parry will have (approx. twice) shorter window and so harder to success (2-3 Parry in a row is maximum). Do not try to _successful_ Parry many times in a row.
Parry is available only in Stand up, NO Parries in Clinch, Ground.
Parry causes Stun to the opponent (not possible to do anything) = 15 frames. So, possible to Parry/Sway/Dash 15+ startup Strikes (but <15 frames Strikes are guaranteed: Jab, Straight, fast Hooks).
WRONG Parry level: DO NOT get increased Health & Stamina damage, than w/o Parrying – no difference
NO ANY PENALTIES (no effect) in Parrying after: after getting hit (no Parry unavailability). So, possible to Parry after receiving the hit and in the mid of opponent’s successful combo.

Parry’s advantage over Sway/Dodge: Parry stops incoming Strike (and stops strike series), Sway/Dodge does not > After successful Parry I can immediately launch my Counter strike in my CW; After successful Sway/Dodge I need to wait for opening between his strikes to launch my Counter strike and still in CW!
Sway/Dodge’s advantage over Parry: Sway/Dodge is a tool VS Mix-ups (high-low)!
I didn't know that about parry windows getting shorter if you spam them. But it still means that an overhand/lead headkick is lower than i15 and thus guaranteed
Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 AM   #59
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
I didn't know that about parry windows getting shorter if you spam them. But it still means that an overhand/lead headkick is lower than i15 and thus guaranteed
Parry windows shortening - GPD said about it and it is easy to test w 2 controllers.
I think that basic headkicks are slower and not guaranteed.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:41 AM   #60
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

One more real life example: Cormier is using "Parry" evade" into quick sentence of Clinch and Throw by momentum:

Old 04-02-2017, 07:51 AM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
breaking out of the clinch currently takes way, way, way to long. (at least when not against the fence)

as long as separating out of the clinch is a lengthy process I can't support parry into clinch.

I'm all about the parries, but I'd rather have parries removed from the game than give clinch more entries.
4 me clinch is the worst part of this game... its so freeze and have a slow response...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »