Home

Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

This is a discussion on Exciting things to expect for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:17 AM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Exciting things to expect for UFC 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevelCain
If they're confident this game might be the greatest UFC game yet, why not? Especially with MMA becoming more popular with European audiences. Many European gamers will be watching the press conference for the new FIFA. If they see a badass looking UFC game ( that they wouldnt go out of their way buying otherwise) and end up being impressed, you've got a bigger market now. Also with the success of UFC 200, 202, and 205 all surpassing 1 million buys, EA might want to give UFC a bigger stage.
Besides, many games are previewed at e3 a year or longer before releasing.
And I was referencing scheduled release date time frame (between fall to April 2018 I think)

It has nothing to do with confidence. Like I said before EA Sports only gets a number of slots during the press conference. FIFA gets one. Madden gets one. The revamped Live will likely get one. So that doesn't really leave room for UFC.

My question remains: Why give a game that is still heavily under development and likely won't be released until the end of this year or next year promotion in June? Every other EA sports game will be released before the middle of October. It makes sense to promote those first given that they will likely be released before UFC 3.

I would love to see a trailer. I really would. But releasing a trailer at ea play has nothing to do with whether ea is confident about the game. It's more about intelligently marketing for all its titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 06:44 PM   #66
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

Can we please tone down the submission chokes that put people to sleep, something about watching someone die in this game just disturbs me and I would love if we get more realistic taps on certain submission.

No more breaking people arms and legs and choking people to sleep till they die. It just looks bad and very unrealistic seeing it all the time or watching a sub animation just break someone's body part. lol
Old 04-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #67
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Can we please tone down the submission chokes that put people to sleep, something about watching someone die in this game just disturbs me and I would love if we get more realistic taps on certain submission.

No more breaking people arms and legs and choking people to sleep till they die. It just looks bad and very unrealistic seeing it all the time or watching a sub animation just break someone's body part. lol
They don't die. Lol.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 04-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #68
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
They don't die. Lol.
Yes they do. I've killed quite a few people, all while the ref just looked at me and waved his hands.

They looked dead to me!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee

I was just thinking about how terrible the submission animations are yesterday. Goes unnoticed most of the time becuase so much focus is on minigame but god damn the animations look and feel nothing like submisions. Rear naked choke is the worst
Old 04-06-2017, 09:39 AM   #70
Rookie

I think a lot of the wins look pretty poor, whether it's a submission or TKO.

If they worked a little more on the referee's involvement, I think that could benefit those who don't want to see someone who's already KO'd getting elbowed in the face repeatedly.

Referees interrupting the fighters would also be more realistic.

I think if they focused on the referees involvement, it could make for a much more exciting finish to a fight or to a round.

If it's the last ten or 20 seconds of a round and someone locks in a decent submission, perhaps even movement from the referee (to get a better view) would make the situation feel a bit more exciting.

There was a fight between two women fighters, can't remember the names off the top of my head, but a choke was in place and the end of the round bell rang, when the fighter doing the choke releases it, the other fighter is sound asleep. If something like that was possible in the game, that'd be sooo exciting!
Old 04-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
I was just thinking about how terrible the submission animations are yesterday. Goes unnoticed most of the time becuase so much focus is on minigame but god damn the animations look and feel nothing like submisions. Rear naked choke is the worst
When you knock someone out with ground and pound strikes it also looks really bad and it looks like it has no type of impact. Ragdoll physics would go great with ground and pound KO's but they need to make the strikes sound and look like it actually hurts , I want to see my punch or elbow grind off someone's face like UD3. They should also make clinch submissions (think Jon Jones vs lyoto machida) And use Ragdoll physics for submissions. Some submissions should use Ragdoll physics and the others should use animations or just give us the option to tap out once the submission is locked in or don't tap and go to sleep or get your arm or leg messed up then let the ref intervene.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #72
Banned

Kasel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyTheNotorious2nd
When you knock someone out with ground and pound strikes it also looks really bad and it looks like it has no type of impact. Ragdoll physics would go great with ground and pound KO's but they need to make the strikes sound and look like it actually hurts , I want to see my punch or elbow grind off someone's face like UD3. They should also make clinch submissions (think Jon Jones vs lyoto machida) And use Ragdoll physics for submissions. Some submissions should use Ragdoll physics and the others should use animations or just give us the option to tap out once the submission is locked in or don't tap and go to sleep or get your arm or leg messed up then let the ref intervene.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app
I know exactly what you mean. GnP in Undisputed 3 was so on point, you see the impact going through the block and it really makes you 'feel the fight'

I never finish fights on the ground because I just feel like I'm getting robbed of a finish, in both GnP and submissions, I always let my opponents up to try to knock them out because that's the only satisfying finish option in the game

I'm glad that the focus for UFC 3 is on the stand up because that's what needs work the most, but if they don't improve ground finishes I'll be extremely bummed out

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »