Home

If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay

This is a discussion on If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay

Check out the video with DJ on the mac life you can see a little sneak peak at the gameplay in the backround and OMG the movement looks amazing.
https://www.mma-core.com/videos/EA_U...rview/10198220

Last edited by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA; 11-04-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: If anyone wants to see a tiny clip of gameplay

The Interview with Brian Hayes pisses me off! It seems to me, there taking more feedback from gamedata instead of fan feedback, which resulted them (according to himself) making next to nothing investments on the ground and clinch. There are many reasons why players invest 85% of the time standup. Two of them are it's fairly easy in UFC 2 to defend against takedown attempts thanks to it being unbalanced and the lacking of different takedown animations as a whole. The second is that the ground game lack many fundemetal content (positions, subs etc) which prevents the ground game to be more enjoyable than it truly should be, otherwise everyone i know enjoys it and appreciate the system and recognize it's potential. I only know so far they added more positions against the cage in UFC 3. If i see the game not having a portion of the fundemental ground positions/subs brought up as priority in the grappling wishlist thread created by Geoff, i'm not bothered to pick this game up.

Seriously, if the reality was amongst players just an immersive standup experince in a MMA game, then they would just ask them to make FN instead which has a huge fanbase aswell. I appreciate the standup game being completely overhauled which was neccessary, but not enough. There is no excuse for this, they have a bigger budget than anyone else and the development time for each iteration is longer than all other sports game out there. I hope i'm wrong in everything.

Last edited by TGOne; 11-04-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGOne
The Interview with Brian Hayes pisses me off! It seems to me, there taking more feedback from gamedata instead of fan feedback, which resulted them (according to himself) making next to nothing investments on the ground and clinch. There are many reasons why players invest 85% of the time standup. Two of them are it's fairly easy in UFC 2 to defend against takedown attempts thanks to it being unbalanced and the lacking of different takedown animations as a whole. The second is that the ground game lack many fundemetal content (positions, subs etc) which prevents the ground game to be more enjoyable than it truly should be, otherwise everyone i know enjoys it and appreciate the system and recognize it's potential. I only know so far they added more positions against the cage in UFC 3. If i see the game not having a portion of the fundemental ground positions/subs brought up as priority in the grappling wishlist thread created by Geoff, i'm not bothered to pick this game up.

Seriously, if the reality was amongst players just an immersive standup experince in a MMA game, then they would just ask them to make FN instead which has a huge fanbase aswell. I appreciate the standup game being completely overhauled which was neccessary, but not enough. There is no excuse for this, they have a bigger budget than anyone else and the development time for each iteration is longer than all other sports game out there. I hope i'm wrong in everything.
The team can only do so much during a dev cycle. With UFC 2, they focused solely on grappling and striking suffered as a result. With UFC 3, they overhauled striking. That doesnt mean nothing was done with grappling or the clinch this year.

Also, how do you know how much their budget is?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
Banned

I hope everything is re-captured on the ground, those animations in UFC 2 looked bad. The ground game didn't need the overhaul that striking did, it just needed tweaking. So it isn't like they had to spend as much effort on it.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
MVP

Dang it, gimme more footage! It looks so sweeeet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The team can only do so much during a dev cycle. With UFC 2, they focused solely on grappling and striking suffered as a result. With UFC 3, they overhauled striking. That doesnt mean nothing was done with grappling or the clinch this year.

Also, how do you know how much their budget is?
not any changed in the clinch from ea ufc2? no......
Old 11-04-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godway
I hope everything is re-captured on the ground, those animations in UFC 2 looked bad. The ground game didn't need the overhaul that striking did, it just needed tweaking. So it isn't like they had to spend as much effort on it.
On one hand you said that they should "recapture everything on the ground" but on the other you said it just needs tweaking. Recapturing everything is very expensive and time consuming. Its not as simple as you think.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
not any changed in the clinch from ea ufc2? no......
I didnt say that. I actually said that Hayes statement doesnt mean nothing was done to the ground or clinch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »