Home

Knockout animations need to be changed.

This is a discussion on Knockout animations need to be changed. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 04:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Knockout animations need to be changed.

This game desperately needs to go back to the EA UFC 2 rag doll knockout system. The new system completely breaks immersion. I understand the dev team worked hard on it and it definitely sucks having your hard work criticized but the truth is the pre rendered knockout animations suck. If I sway to the right and get hit with a right why do I get knocked out to the left? It doesn’t make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Knockout animations need to be changed.

nope. I DON'T think so. EA UFC2's ragdoll was have many problem. first of all, it looked very arcade. and we couldn't distinguish between Knockdown and Knockout based on ragdoll physics. its terrible more than now. Yeah, I agreed KOs animation needs to be tweaked but EA UFC2s ragdoll is NOT a solution. I really don't want to see these super arcade KO animations this year again.

Do you like these animation? If they bring back ea ufc2s ragdoll, you have to see these again. This game is NOT arcade action like TEKKEN 7. NO thank you.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #3
The One

EmazingErik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
nope. I DON'T think so. EA UFC2's ragdoll was have many problem. first of all, it looked very arcade. and we couldn't distinguish between Knockdown and Knockout based on ragdoll physics. its terrible more than now. Yeah, I agreed KOs animation needs to be tweaked but EA UFC2s ragdoll is NOT a solution. I really don't want to see these super arcade KO animations this year again.

Do you like these animation? If they bring back ea ufc2s ragdoll, you have to see these again. This game is NOT arcade action like TEKKEN 7. NO thank you.
I enjoyed those xD So if we can have a hybrid of both that would be cool.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:27 AM   #4
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Didn't they patch out most of those? I think it got better after that.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

I've been pretty vocal about this, and I won't stop, because the KO animations are absolutely horrible, not to mention THE SAME ANIMATIONS FROM 3 PREVIOUS GAMES......

Sure, once in a while you'd get a KO that looked terrible in UFC 2. Maybe 10-20%.
However, 100% of the KO's look terrible in UFC 3.
I'd rather have a few stupid ones and mostly good ones than all stupid ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

GPD confirmed that the KOs have been fixed and look better in the retail.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
nope. I DON'T think so. EA UFC2's ragdoll was have many problem. first of all, it looked very arcade.
I'm all for realism but those gifs are ****ing dope lol.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

I’ve seen these 3 gifs being posted all the time when talking about the knockout animations. You act as if this is the case every time. Sure we see the silly ones once in a while but the UFC 3 animations are all bad and unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »