Home

The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

This is a discussion on The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 03:33 PM   #89
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
The MK and Tekken comparison has always been hilarious. There's no quarter circles on the D-pad, there's no 8 frame windows to cancel things into other things, there's no juggling and the combos have way fewer inputs even at their longest. I'm more experienced with MK, so I'm going to throw out a Cyrax combo.

A pretty standard Cyrax combo would be forward triangle square, down back square R2, forward forward (dash), Circle, back forward square, down down triangle, forward (step), circle, down back triangle, back back (dash), circle, down down triangle, jump back X, back triangle, circle, down back circle.

That's one combo with 35 inputs for one character (the other cyborgs share some strings, but they have different uses) that don't apply to anything else in the game. UFC 3 isn't even approaching that IMO and it's a bizarre comparison to make.

Anyway, that's that tangent done.
Yeah, man.

I tried Skullgirls recently and felt like an old lady holding a controler for the first time.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #90
MVP

Re: The Complex Combos. People Aren't Using Them. I Think They're Too Difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Yeah, man.

I tried Skullgirls recently and felt like an old lady holding a controler for the first time.
I don't really branch out from the netherrealm games (MK and Injustice) and a little bit of street fighter, everything else intimidates the hell out of me.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #91
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Should I try it?

Lol are you trolling or are these modular controllers for real?

I tried looking for them but couldn't find anything, but maybe I searched the wrong terms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #92
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'm actually thinking about trying it, but I know nothing about them. Would be fantastic if someone could talk me out of it. Having square+x and triangle+circle mapped to buttons sounds to good to be true.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #93
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

^

I've been looking up those controllers too. Anyone know what macros are? I keep seeing the word and have no idea what it means
Old 02-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
^

I've been looking up those controllers too. Anyone know what macros are? I keep seeing the word and have no idea what it means
One button that reads as multiple inputs. For example, I have a few macros set on my PC for strategy games so I can press 1 button that reads as me having pressed ctrl+1. I imagine for console it'd be one button reads as L1+ square and stuff like that.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #95
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
One button that reads as multiple inputs. For example, I have a few macros set on my PC for strategy games so I can press 1 button that reads as me having pressed ctrl+1. I imagine for console it'd be one button reads as L1+ square and stuff like that.
that would be awesome for uppercuts in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #96
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Those controllers would cost a **** ton of $$$$.

I was considering buying an Xbox Elite controller but couldn’t bring myself to spend that amount of $$$$ on a single controller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »