Home

New Combat system suggestion for EA UFC 4

This is a discussion on New Combat system suggestion for EA UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Combat system suggestion for EA UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
Horrible idea

I know, but could you please explain why exactly it is horrible? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #18
Banned

Your idea for strikes would take away moving your fighter and using head movement at the same time....step back.

Now your blocking idea is where it gets really bad for me. The idea of trying to react to each particular strike while having to do a combination of two face buttons is crazy man. I already throw a leg kick when I mean to uppercut occasionally. So now we can just bring over that same missteps to your blocking idea.

There is too much going on with your control scheme while taking away what had already been built on. The devs spent the whole last development cycle on striking. They are not throwing that out when grappling needs the overhaul next. Striking will be in a great place when all the patches are done. I have high hopes for today’s patch actually.

Ufc 4 needs to focus on grappling and clinch. Then add in better finish the fight blends between striking and grappling. The grappling needs to reflect more wrestling ideas. The submissions need to be transition based till the final level of a submission... then bring back the ea mma find the sweet spot mechanic on that final stage to establish the struggle of actually choking the guy out or extending to arm bar for the tap. Basically the guy submitting you has it locked in but you’d still have a shot to get out.

There’s a ton more on grappling that can be done but I don’t want to take over this thread. Striking directions have been decided by EA... it’s time for grappling.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Your idea for strikes would take away moving your fighter and using head movement at the same time....step back.

Now your blocking idea is where it gets really bad for me. The idea of trying to react to each particular strike while having to do a combination of two face buttons is crazy man. I already throw a leg kick when I mean to uppercut occasionally. So now we can just bring over that same missteps to your blocking idea.

There is too much going on with your control scheme while taking away what had already been built on. The devs spent the whole last development cycle on striking. They are not throwing that out when grappling needs the overhaul next. Striking will be in a great place when all the patches are done. I have high hopes for today’s patch actually.

Ufc 4 needs to focus on grappling and clinch. Then add in better finish the fight blends between striking and grappling. The grappling needs to reflect more wrestling ideas. The submissions need to be transition based till the final level of a submission... then bring back the ea mma find the sweet spot mechanic on that final stage to establish the struggle of actually choking the guy out or extending to arm bar for the tap. Basically the guy submitting you has it locked in but you’d still have a shot to get out.

There’s a ton more on grappling that can be done but I don’t want to take over this thread. Striking directions have been decided by EA... it’s time for grappling.
Well the blocking system simulates how blocking works in real life way better than the current high/low block. Reacting to whichever direction the strike is coming from is basically what it boils down to.

Also, you can still move and use head movement at the same time. Like I said in my previous comment, if you use the right stick without holding down one of the triggers, it will come out as head movement. Exactly the same as it is now.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #20
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

What's the point of this?

UFc 3 is still in patches
Old 04-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Entertained
Well the blocking system simulates how blocking works in real life way better than the current high/low block. Reacting to whichever direction the strike is coming from is basically what it boils down to.

Also, you can still move and use head movement at the same time. Like I said in my previous comment, if you use the right stick without holding down one of the triggers, it will come out as head movement. Exactly the same as it is now.
You can’t see the issue with 3 button presses for one block being an issue? Not to mention block isn’t nearly responsive enough to pull this off. In real life mma is more about distance management and avoiding shots instead of taking them on the block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
You can’t see the issue with 3 button presses for one block being an issue? Not to mention block isn’t nearly responsive enough to pull this off. In real life mma is more about distance management and avoiding shots instead of taking them on the block.
It's two for left/right uppercut type attacks and only one for straight and circular attacks. I don't see how that is excessive. At the very least, it'll be an improvement from the current system.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #23
Rookie

Can we not use RB for lunges anymore? We can only use LB for lunges now. Is this correct? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »