Home

List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

This is a discussion on List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

This is just a list of small things that I believe should be improved to increase the inaccuracies of fighters. It's to clean out the odd things in a fighter's attributes - I am taking into consideration performances too. For now I am just focusing on buffing/debuffing lower ranked fighters rather than going too deep into higher ranked fighters.

Featherweight

Myles Jury: BJJ Blackbelt, pretty good grappling

Increase bottom game: 85 -> 90
Submission Defense: 84 -> 89 (Subbed by Olivera, but Olivera is pretty legit)
Grapple Stamina: 87->89
Heart: 85->88 (he did lose to Cowboy but otherwise had a career of pretty good/average heart)

Darren Elkins
Power 83->86; I think 83 is a little unfair, he has mostly decisions so it shouldnt be that good but 83 is very low.

Chin: 85->88: Only one loss by a KO (other TKO was a cut); to Chad Mendes who is known to hit hard, holds up well overall.

Heart: 87->89; Bektic performance

Clay Guida:

Power: 85->87 ; Knocked Joe out in their last fight
Top Game: 87->89: Pretty good at controlling fighter's when he gets them down.
Striking Stamina: 87->89: Has a good gas tank
Chin: 84-> 87: Only 2 TKOS, one to Mendes
Body Strength: 85->88; Not sure why this is low
Legs: 85->88: Similar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 02:24 AM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: List of small stat changes that can improve fighter ranking accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
This is just a list of small things that I believe should be improved to increase the inaccuracies of fighters. It's to clean out the odd things in a fighter's attributes - I am taking into consideration performances too. For now I am just focusing on buffing/debuffing lower ranked fighters rather than going too deep into higher ranked fighters.

Featherweight

Myles Jury: BJJ Blackbelt, pretty good grappling

Increase bottom game: 85 -> 90
Submission Defense: 84 -> 89 (Subbed by Olivera, but Olivera is pretty legit)
Grapple Stamina: 87->89
Heart: 85->88 (he did lose to Cowboy but otherwise had a career of pretty good/average heart)

Darren Elkins
Power 83->86; I think 83 is a little unfair, he has mostly decisions so it shouldnt be that good but 83 is very low.

Chin: 85->88: Only one loss by a KO (other TKO was a cut); to Chad Mendes who is known to hit hard, holds up well overall.

Heart: 87->89; Bektic performance

Clay Guida:

Power: 85->87 ; Knocked Joe out in their last fight
Top Game: 87->89: Pretty good at controlling fighter's when he gets them down.
Striking Stamina: 87->89: Has a good gas tank
Chin: 84-> 87: Only 2 TKOS, one to Mendes
Body Strength: 85->88; Not sure why this is low
Legs: 85->88: Similar
This shall be the thread to show love for the lower rated fighters.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:40 AM   #3
MVP

Guidas power did get buffed in the last tuner, it was 83 from memory.

85 seems alright. Lauzons chin isn't much anymore.

I think GnP lvl 2 would suite better, that'd buff his GnP up to 87 power and keep his standup the same. I know Guida KO'd Lauzon on the feet but that's about the first time he's actually got a KO like that (atleast in his UFC career)

But overall that's the only change I'd argue with. The rest I'm all for.

I'd also like to add

Dan Hooker
+1-3 across the damned board almost.
Speed:87-89
Power:89-90
Accuracy:89-94

Health and Stam + 2-3 almost everywhere.

I honestly.feel his stats, even with the buff, still reflect his drained out FW performances.

The man has proven himself to be an absolute killer at 155 and I think he deserves an appropriate buff.

These are SUPER rough recommendations, I'd have to rewstch all his 155 performances to give extremely specific update recommendations but the man needs a buff.

Marlon got one. So I have faith.

Khabib
Power: 94-92

Ground and Pound Lvl 3 to GnP Lvl 5.

That way his GNP remains the same but his standup is a little less powerful.

Jim Miller
Attack the base lvl 2 or tree chopper lvl 2.

Jim has developed a naaaasty calf kick recently (See the Pettis and Poirier fights)

Lyoto Machida
Speed: 92-94
Power: 91-90
Chin/Body: 85-87

Machida should be all about fients fakes and quick, well placed single counters and naked kicks, I think a speed buff would help here, the damage drop is to compensate for this as from memory, his kicks and cross are high enough level to still be quite damaging.

Also whilst the Brunson fight made Machidas chin look quite questionable I don't think 85 is quite fair.

I don't really understand the 85 body either, but maybe I'm missing something.

These are just some recommendations I have, feel free to correct me if I've made some drastic mistakes, ill probably update this after I've rewatch a few of these guys recent fights.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:32 AM   #4
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Darren Elkins is the epitome of heart.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:30 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Good thread.

FYI, Heart doesnt mean what you guys think it does. Its the time it takes health to recover on your individual body parts when they are damage, and it also decreases the amount of time you experience a critical event.

Also Hooker should be up for a buff but comparing it to Marlon Moraes is a bit much. Moraes has back to back wins over top 10 BWs and a third over a top 15 BW. Hooker has some good wins but I dont think we can compare those.

Last edited by aholbert32; 07-10-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Good thread.

FYI, Heart doesnt mean what you guys think it does. Its the time it takes health to recover on your individual body parts when they are damage, and it also decreases the amount of time you experience a critical event.

Also Hooker should be up for a buff but comparing it to Marlon Moraes is a bit much. Moraes has back to back wins over top 10 BWs and a third over a top 15 BW. Hooker has some good wins but I dont think we can compare those.
I didn't mean it like that, I wasn't trying to compare their wins/streaks.

I'm just saying I hope he gets a buff with the attention that Moraes got, not just a striking buff cause he won by KO, but a good look at his stamina/health/grappling and all that and just a general reassessment.

I thought he (Moraes) got buffed in all the right areas and I'm hoping Hookers next is similar.
Not similar stat buffs, just similar quality.

Edit: Like I said in the OP.
Hookers stats really feel like they reflect his dried out FW performances.

Even if he is moved to LW his health and stamina wouldn't reflect the benefits of the easier weight cut, he obviously has better Cardio and seems to be able to walk through shots now, he ate some clean shots from Burns and just kept coming.

I realize I'm wearing rose tinted glasses, but its not too unfair to hope he gets a nice stat readjustment if he is finally moved to LW.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 07-10-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: a bajllion typos.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Good thread.

Why the heck does Bisping have 99 heart then? I may be wrong on the number, but that guy got dropped by two welterweights consecutively. Wouldn't you say for all the reasons Bisping would have a high Heart rating, so should Elkins? I know comparing across divisions can be weird though. Heart would be like Bisping recovering from those Hendo bombs in their second fight, or the Anderson Silva flying knee right? Like Elkins taking those shots from Johnson in round 1, or getting dominated by Bektic and coming back.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Man, anything less than 99 heart for Elkins is not accurate. Why cant a mid tier fighter have an over the charts quality?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »