Home

Did anyone get a fighter update?

This is a discussion on Did anyone get a fighter update? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
Rookie
 
MysticJack541's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Did anyone get a fighter update?

I got a fighter update like 15-20 mins ago on PS4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
MysticJack541 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

Fighters buffs and nerfs, new move sets as well
Prodigys_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
EA UFC Producer
 
Bassi's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 109
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

All win/loss records have been updated to the latest. A lot of Moves and Attribute changes. I do not have a list currently of exactly what the move and attribute changes are just yet because it is written by hand and time was a bit of a factor, but here is a list of the fighters that had their attributes modified.

Chad Mendes
Cody Garbrandt
Corey Anderson
Demetrious Johnson
Dennis Bermudez
Dustin Ortiz
Dustin Poirier - Lightweight
Eddie Wineland
Glover Teixeira
Henry Cejudo
Jeremy Stephens
Jessica Aguilar
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Jordan Mein
Jose Aldo
Junior Dos Santos
Justin Scoggins
Liz Carmouche
Marc Diakiese
Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Randa Markos
Renato Moicano
Ross Pearson
Sage Northcutt
Stefan Struve
TJ Dillashaw
Bassi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

Some of these choices are a lil sus. Moicano (misnamed still btw) practically unusable even though he just put down Cub Swanson with a quickness. 86 power? lmfao He just put that man down with a jab. Only loss to Ortega. I judge no one for underrating Moicano at the release stage of the game. Ortega hadn't beaten Swanson yet and we hadn't seen too much of Moicano. It's clear now that Moicano is a legit title contender and should have stats to reflect that. EDIT: LOL Level 2 Jab still. And Aldo has a level 4 rear leg kick. What do you have to do to get level 5 moves if these guys don't have their signatures at level 5?

There are several flip flop decisions that make the stat changes look like someone had a manic episode (Joanna's stamina and speed plummeting and then going right back to what they were after one fight/TJ Dillashaw now being the DJ of BW, although it is nice to see FLW get another viable fighter).

I like that Poirier is actually playable now. Still think his ground and takedowns should be just a point or two higher, but his stamina finally being changed (I think it was something embarrassing like 88) to a respectable 93 to reflect his true cardio level.

Aldo getting a few nice buffs, can't say I really agree, but I use him so. . . yay.

There are others I haven't checked, but I'm sure there is good and bad in there too.

And of course some past complaints still there like most fighters having criminally underrated stamina stats. Ross Pearson has like 86 stand up cardio. When have you seen him fully gassed like say, McGregor who has an 88 or 89 and has fully gassed in the second round before? The majority of fighters should have great cardio stats. Talking 89+.

Last edited by RetractedMonkey; 08-16-2018 at 09:36 PM.
RetractedMonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,811
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Some of these choices are a lil sus. Moicano (misnamed still btw) practically unusable even though he just put down Cub Swanson with a quickness. 86 power? lmfao He just put that man down with a jab. Only loss to Ortega. I judge no one for underrating Moicano at the release stage of the game. Ortega hadn't beaten Swanson yet and we hadn't seen too much of Moicano. It's clear now that Moicano is a legit title contender and should have stats to reflect that. EDIT: LOL Level 2 Jab still. And Aldo has a level 4 rear leg kick. What do you have to do to get level 5 moves if these guys don't have their signatures at level 5?

There are several flip flop decisions that make the stat changes look like someone had a manic episode (Joanna's stamina and speed plummeting and then going right back to what they were after one fight/TJ Dillashaw now being the DJ of BW, although it is nice to see FLW get another viable fighter).

I like that Poirier is actually playable now. Still think his ground and takedowns should be just a point or two higher, but his stamina finally being changed (I think it was something embarrassing like 88) to a respectable 93 to reflect his true cardio level.

Aldo getting a few nice buffs, can't say I really agree, but I use him so. . . yay.
Cant say I agree with your Moicano take. Here are the buffs:

Moicano: Power plus 4 (86), strike speed plus 4 (89), sub o plus 1 (91), top game plus 2 (90)

We buffed him 4 points really off of one jab. Now part of that is because he was underrated to begin with but an 86 feels good for a guy with 0 KO wins in his career and who I cant recall hurting someone with strikes in the UFC before the Swanson fight. Now I completely agree that he shouldve received a jab buff but thats outta my hands.

What were the stamina and speed changes on Joanna?

I dont get how TJ is the "DJ of BW" because of one decent buff (plus 2 in power) and 2 small ones (plus in in strike speed in footwork)? The power buffs are deserved and he still isnt the most powerful BW (Lineker and Cody). None of those buffs make him the highest in the division in those categories.

Aldo got one change from what I can see and that was a footwork buff.

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-16-2018 at 10:23 PM.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #6
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cant say I agree with your Moicano take. Here are the buffs:

Moicano: Power plus 4 (86), strike speed plus 4 (89), sub o plus 1 (91), top game plus 2 (90) Look at him related to other top tier fighters in his and other divisions. 86 and 82???? before that is terrible. Going off statistics and saying "oh this guy has so many KOs" is essential to rating, but so is balancing based off the other top fighters, gameplay in general, and simply watching fights. Maybe he doesn't have KOs, but you can't tell me that, compared to other fighters and with the gameplay mechanics we have now that 86 is at all acceptable when trying to make viable and fun characters to use. That's my priority. This is not even discussing that he can't even do a 1-2-head kick (which you said is above your paygrade, but still).

What were the stamina and speed changes on Joanna? She went down to like 95 striking speed and 95 stamina and then went right back up to 98's in both. I vehemently disagree with bold, back-and-forth changes like that based off of one fight to the next.

I dont get how TJ is the "DJ of BW" because of one decent buff (plus 2 in power) and 2 small ones (plus in in strike speed in footwork)? The power buffs are deserved and he still isnt the most powerful BW (Lineker and Cody). None of those buffs make him the highest in the division in those categories. That's all he needed to be the clear best character in that division. Cody's power and speed kept him in the running (along with his 94 striking stamina compared to TJ's 93???, wtf, Cody has gassed in the Cruz fight whereas TJ has not). Now you have Cruz's stats being encroached on when he has some potent downsides to his moveset as well.

Aldo got one change from what I can see and that was a footwork buff. Aldo got a one point change in strike stamina and a two point power buff. He's already a great character with a great moveset. He didn't need to be changed whatsoever based on a one round fight. The body hook buff was enough.

Not to mention that a two point buff seems to me to be a substantial difference. Although, I don't have the data to back that up.

Outdated message board.

Last edited by RetractedMonkey; 08-16-2018 at 11:13 PM.
RetractedMonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:25 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,811
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

Moicano: I have no input on the moveset. I wish I did but I dont. My concern is never viability. The balancing is for the devs and the online GCs to figure out. I personally can give a **** about that because so many things go into whether people consider someone OP or UP or viable or not viable.

Its "what have you shown to deserve this rating?" for me. Is it perfect? **** no. Are there fighters who have ratings that their fights dont justify (...Conor...)? Yep. But I control what I can control.

Regarding Moicano, other than the jab he landed against Swanson, I cant recall anything in his UFC career that justifies even a slightly above average power rating. I'm even willing to take in consideration non UFC fights (valued less but still valued) but the proof of power isnt there either.

Now if the argument is that we should be buffing people in categories they havent shown consistent skill in simply to make them viable...I disagree but I dont blame you for that position. Its a position a large amount of elite level online ranked players have. Their focus is on having more viable fighters. My focus is rating fighters as close to the skill theyve shown as they can.

Aldo didnt get a power buff at FW at least. He was a 96 before the patch and he's a 96 now. Also if a two point buff is "substantial", that means pretty much every change we make to a fighter is substantial.

I'm surprised about the Joanna decision. I have no idea why she got a bump back up after the decreased in in the Rose fight.

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-16-2018 at 11:31 PM.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Re: Did anyone get a fighter update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Moicano: I have no input on the moveset. I wish I did but I dont. My concern is never viability. The balancing is for the devs and the online GCs to figure out. I personally can give a **** about that because so many things go into whether people consider someone OP or UP or viable or not viable.

Its "what have you shown to deserve this rating?" for me. Is it perfect? **** no. Are there fighters who have ratings that their fights dont justify (...Conor...)? Yep. But I control what I can control.

Regarding Moicano, other than the jab he landed against Swanson, I cant recall anything in his UFC career that justifies even a slightly above average power rating. I'm even willing to take in consideration non UFC fights (valued less but still valued) but the proof of power isnt there either.

Now if the argument is that we should be buffing people in categories they havent shown consistent skill in simply to make them viable...I disagree but I dont blame you for that position. Its a position a large amount of elite level online ranked players have. Their focus is on having more viable fighters. My focus is rating fighters as close to the skill theyve shown as they can.

Aldo didnt get a power buff at FW at least. He was a 96 before the patch and he's a 96 now. Also if a two point buff is "substantial", that means pretty much every change we make to a fighter is substantial.
It's not just viability for viability's sake, although I'm not exactly in disagreement with that option. It's compared to other fighters. I don't think he's underrated generally, I feel he's underrated compared to the top tier. In MMA, there are only a few fighters that truly are miles above their competition and even then it's usually only in a few areas. That's not really reflected in game for the most part when it comes to the lower tier.

I do agree that every change you make is substantial. It's just that those changes still have them far below the top tier. So the solution to make me happy (which might not be someone else's) would be to make the gulf smaller by bringing the numbers up or to lower the impact points have overall. Both could be considered inflation in a way, but that's no necessarily a bad thing. Stats shouldn't mean that much in the long run, just enough to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of fighters. Whereas right now, even with the scale for important stats really only being ~84 to ~97, the difference between that 84 and 97 is too steep. In my opinion.
RetractedMonkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Top -