Home

0 Stamina Uppercuts have too high a rock %

This is a discussion on 0 Stamina Uppercuts have too high a rock % within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
0 Stamina Uppercuts have too high a rock %

i'm low elo as f but i just almost lost a fight because this guy had 0% stamina rocked and just tried to body hug and rock me with a huge uppercut.

he actually landed them 3 times and all 3 times i had to just run away.

a 0% stamina rocked guy shouldnt be able to put u in KO made off one uppercut when he's moving forward.

this was a fight for the belt also so i know he had won all the previous fights the same way to get that belt. its cheese that shouldnt work. i dominated the fight but if one of those uppercuts wouldve knocked me out instead of just rocking me i would be pissed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 06:36 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 0 Stamina Uppercuts have too high a rock %

https://youtu.be/2-EexAXMsLE

Check this out.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
That looks more to me like he was baiting his opponent to rush with his defenses down to try and finish the fight. Not that he was actually rocked with no stamina left to throw a punch that knocks him out.

Also Something similar that bugs me is people doing a flying knee while rocked. I’m not sure if I have ever seen it in a fight. But I feel the fighter wouldn’t have enough of his legs under him metaphorically to be able to jump up and knee the person with out it being sloppy and completely knocking their opponent out. Which has happened to me in the game a few times. Then the rest I would get rocked. If someone has knowledge of this actually happening in real life I would love to see it because I honestly think it would be cool lol.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCorgzz
That looks more to me like he was baiting his opponent to rush with his defenses down to try and finish the fight. Not that he was actually rocked with no stamina left to throw a punch that knocks him out.

Also Something similar that bugs me is people doing a flying knee while rocked. I’m not sure if I have ever seen it in a fight. But I feel the fighter wouldn’t have enough of his legs under him metaphorically to be able to jump up and knee the person with out it being sloppy and completely knocking their opponent out. Which has happened to me in the game a few times. Then the rest I would get rocked. If someone has knowledge of this actually happening in real life I would love to see it because I honestly think it would be cool lol.
I'm not necessarily arguing with his point, but what you see in the video is a liver shot - arguably the most devastating shot one can land in MMA, because you usually (keyword usually) can't do anything about it, you can't "tough it out" because it hurts like hell. That guy knocked a dude out after such a shot. Think about it.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCorgzz
That looks more to me like he was baiting his opponent to rush with his defenses down to try and finish the fight. Not that he was actually rocked with no stamina left to throw a punch that knocks him out..
Was Smith still trying to bait Sell when he fell to the ground holding his abdomen once the ref stepped in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Was Smith still trying to bait Sell when he fell to the ground holding his abdomen once the ref stepped in?
I had never seen the full video till after I looked it up. If the full video was showed in the link then I would obviously not thought Smith was baiting him and would have know he was tough as ****. So in the video that he linked it looked like he was baiting him. But after seeing the full fight I know he was not trying to bait him.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
Rookie

The way vulnerability works means that 0 stamina uppercuts aren't going to do much damage unless the opponent has drastically low stamina or if you are ducking/throwing a body strike/throwing a forward moving body strike.

Getting KOed or rocked by a 0 stamina uppercut probably means you were being too predictable going to the body in most cases or already had super low chin. I don't think it needs to be adjusted really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »