Home

UFC 229 Stat update

This is a discussion on UFC 229 Stat update within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #17
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 229 Stat update

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Whats exhausting to me is how you guys always seem to overstate a problem just to make a point.

Adesanya has an 89 in chin. That makes him tied for 8th in chin health in the division. He is tied for 9th in striking stamina. Those stats arent trash.

Now the Costa point is a valid one and its one that I dont have a problem debating. With that said, its statements like "trash striking stamina and health stats" make me think it isnt even worth discussing. Thats a problem given that I'm the only one who has input on the stats that even comes to OS regularly.

You think IA should have higher health and stamina stats...you may have a point. You think Costa should be dropped...sure thats a valid opinion. You dont need to use hyperbole to make a point.
Ah, noted for future reference; I had no clue you were in charge of that.
I definitely do think he should. He went 5 rounds in control against Tavares easily, not to mention that he made great improvements with regard to his clinch work.

Costa has an 89 Grapple Stamina for some reason, Adesanya has an 85 despite showing finesse in the clinch against Tavares, and never really gassing. The Grappling Stats OVR are fine for Costa IMO.

Costa was noticeably getting exhausted against Hall, he just mentally broke Hall + those devastating Body Shots.

Adesanya went 5 rounds with ease against Tavares controlling nearly all of the exchanges.

Yet Adesanya has an 89 and Costa a 90.

If Costa can be bumped up to an A Fighter, woohoo because that is what he is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 10-22-2018, 11:38 PM   #18
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Conor’s toughness and HEART rating should drop considerably also his submission head defense...he taps as so as they begin to squeeze!
His cheating stats should go up and while you’re add it never allow Herd dean ref any Conor fights..void out the option lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
McG a B+ fighter at best. No cap
A B+ fighter who in 2/3 championship fights, utterly destroyed the champion he was facing and has many quality wins...ok

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-23-2018, 01:01 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
A B+ fighter who in 2/3 championship fights, utterly destroyed the champion he was facing and has many quality wins...ok

Yeah I think people are overdoing it a bit. He's still a very good fighter. He's a very limited fighter however - bad cardio, (it's pretty bad for an elite fighter to last a round and a half even when he's setting the pace), limited skillset on the ground, extremely poor submission defence from what we've seen. I do love his style but yeah, he is limited. And he hasn't fought nearly enough people that he should have fought/fight so who knows, Kevin Lee could maul him too, Ferguson could open him up and sub him, Gaethje could break his legs...he just hasn't put himself in a position in which there's something to lose apart from the Khabib fight. At least that loss will spur him to fight again but I hope it's not a rematch.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:48 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:

Let me rephrase so you can get out your feelings. *In game, McG is a B+ fighter at best. He’s grossly overrated in this game and that’s a fact. In real life, he’s getting washed by a good good amount of the LW division too, quit fronting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 02:06 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
Let me rephrase so you can get out your feelings. *In game, McG is a B+ fighter at best. He’s grossly overrated in this game and that’s a fact. In real life, he’s getting washed by a good good amount of the LW division too, quit fronting.
Ok he murdered eddie, beat poirer, beat Diaz, who can honestly see pettis beating Conor? Tony's a great fight but Tony gets hit way too often, kevin COULD maul Conor but his striking defense isn't the greatest,Iaquinta gets marked, gaethje is so hittable, Barbosa maybe but he also gets out struck when pressured and cornered. Stick your head out of your *** you never have anything relevant to say on these forums

Last edited by Gion; 10-23-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:35 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Ok he murdered eddie, beat poirer, beat Diaz, who can honestly see pettis beating Conor? Tony's a great fight but Tony gets hit way too often, kevin COULD maul Conor but his striking defense isn't the greatest,Iaquinta gets marked, gaethje is so hittable, Barbosa maybe but he also gets out struck when pressured and cornered. Stick your head out of your *** you never have anything relevant to say on these forums

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you meant “get your head out of your ***” ��

My main point is/was that Conor is a B+ fighter at best, and that he’s overrated in game but I see you’ve eurostepped around that. My other point also stands that he’s getting washed by a good amount of the LW guys, but continue to cap for him.

And your whole last sentence is just goofy
Old 10-23-2018, 03:00 AM   #24
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

you must be out yo' god damn mind

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »