Home

What's the riskiest thing the devs could do with UFC 4 that would either fail or work

This is a discussion on What's the riskiest thing the devs could do with UFC 4 that would either fail or work within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What's the riskiest thing the devs could do with UFC 4 that would either fail or work

I know UFC 4 is still a while away but just curious as to what you guys think about the topic .

We've seen risky moves by devs over the years , who are willing to overhaul a working fomart to push the envelope. E.g Gow changing the camera angle during combat .

Would that sort of thing perhaps something like the fight night champions camera work ? Game would have to be slower no ? I recall martial mind saying he asked the devs sometime last year to take a look at FNC camera . I forget the reason why.

The devs already took a risk by buffing grappling with the new TDs ...which a lot of people do not like . But we are seeing more people play the game now for whatever reason .

So no disrespect to other UFC 4 threads but what's the riskiest feature or move the devs could make that would be either " if this works OMG but if it goes south ...damn " .

Thanks.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: What's the riskiest thing the devs could do with UFC 4 that would either fail or

revamp clinch system and submissions
Old 01-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Re: What's the riskiest thing the devs could do with UFC 4 that would either fail or

I think a parry/hand fighting system would be a big risk.. but if it was done right it would be amazing.

The ability to grab at your opponents lead hand would be game changing.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #4
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I think a parry/hand fighting system would be a big risk.. but if it was done right it would be amazing.

The ability to grab at your opponents lead hand would be game changing.
they should bring parry back only workk against jab, straights, front kicks, front body kicks. its morerealistic to parry straight attacks
Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
Pro

To be clear, parries is just a more effective way of blocking that allows an oppurtunity to counter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 AM   #6
MVP

If the devs enabled the ability to strike while running after your opponent ...and to run either backwards or circle out whilst looking to counter , block or escape would we see a meltdown ?

Old 01-06-2019, 01:02 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
revamp clinch system and submissions
I don't think revamping the clinch is a risky move as we've been asking for that since UFC 2.

What I think would be highly controversial for submissions would be to get rid of the mini game and have actual button controls for setting up subs . For example .

L2 , R3 for rear naked choke

Press touch screen to initiate role ...drag finger to roll opponent backwards or face down or to the side .

For defence R2 , R3 ...you would have to press the exact defence deny subs or hand fight or role to escape the RNC using the touchpad .

I don't do Bjj so if my pal WARMMA could add flesh to this I would appreciate it .

It's just lingering at the back of my mind . Every sub would have a button implementation for each stage ...aided by you actually moving to said position thus If you don't know your submissions you won't get far ...same goes for defence .

Now this is a risk .

Old 01-06-2019, 01:06 AM   #8
MVP

I don't think revamping the clinch is a risky move as we've been asking for that since UFC 2.

What I think would be highly controversial for submissions would be to get rid of the mini game and have actual button controls for setting up subs . For example .

L2 , R3 for rear naked choke

Press touch screen to initiate role ...drag finger to roll opponent backwards or face down or to the side .

For defence R2 , R3 ...you would have to press the exact defence deny subs or hand fight or role to escape the RNC using the touchpad .

I don't do Bjj so if my pal WARMMA could add flesh to this I would appreciate it .

It's just lingering at the back of my mind . Every sub would have a button implementation for each stage ...aided by you actually moving to said position thus If you don't know your submissions you won't get far ...same goes for defence .

Now this is a risk .

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »