Home

Best way to practice denials?

This is a discussion on Best way to practice denials? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best way to practice denials?

Lol if you’re on a regular ps4 grappling against someone on a pro you might as well just put your controller down
Old 02-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I wish the devs would clear up on denying fakes predenys and the best times to use them and what transitions have counter transitions. Very basic easy to answer questions
What is a pre deny
Old 02-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #11
Rookie

I’m top 10 as of last night , and I still guess half the time when I see a transition

Fake it until you make it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #12
Pro

You can’t overthink them. I mean, you don’t have to stop and think “x is jab, y is straight”. You just know where the button is, you know what it does, and you press the button. It’s not an “x button”, it’s not even a button... you’re not even pressing a button. You’re just throwing a jab, with subconscious thumb movements.

This is denials. Don’t think about the denial... think about your opponents transitions. The denials should be subconscious thumb movements in reaction to the animations on your screen.

Hold the RT, be ready to gently (but quickly) flick the RS. Watch the screen carefully, but not in a stressed way. Just watch, throw some minor punches (literally move your thumb an inch and press a button a couple times), and wait for the animation. It’s super simple stuff. Flick the stick when they move, punch when they don’t.

Also, if you’re struggling by getting held down or beaten on your back, denials aren’t the solution. Action is. Just stay active, don’t take no for an answer, and stand up. Don’t fake frantically, because in all likelihood your opponent already bit on one of them and you missed your opportunity to move.

Most of the denial directions are pretty self explanatory. Go in practice mode and learn the ones that aren’t. Don’t dwell too much on it, or spend time practicing denials over and over. Just learn the direction for the denials you struggle with, once it’s in your memory, leave practice mode immediately. There’s nothing more to gain from practice mode once you know the directions - repetition won’t help.

Learning the directions is easy, it takes maybe 15 minutes tops. What’s important is to learn to automatically associate the animation on your screen with the corresponding thumb movement. This comes from comfort, and confidence - which begins with knowing all the directions. The goal is to stop thinking about the denials, and just focus on the fighter on your screen.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I wish the devs would clear up on denying fakes predenys and the best times to use them and what transitions have counter transitions. Very basic easy to answer questions
Check out Romero's you tube channel he has a video on counter transitions to lock subs.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »