Home

Showcase mode for UFC 4

This is a discussion on Showcase mode for UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2019, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Showcase mode for UFC 4

I doubt that it'll happen, but it would be pretty sick. They have it in the WWE 2k games. If you don't know what it is, it's basically a single player campaign mode that traditionally covers a wwe superstar's most memorable moments. In our case, we can play through a ufc fighters most important victories. Wouldn't it be cool to play through Anderson Silva's most important victories? We can play through the Franklin fight, Dan Henderson fight, the Forrest Griffin fight, the 1st and 2nd Sonnen fight, the Vitor fight and more. It doesn't have to be his whole career, but his most important victories. Imagine playing through Jones or Mcgregor's best moments. (I'm not a Conor fan) Is this a good idea? Also it would be cool at the end, you can avenge the fighter's(that's being showcased) most brutal loss. For Silva it would be Weidman 1 and for Conor it would be Khabib. For Jones it would be..... Matt Hammil?

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2019, 05:22 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Showcase mode for UFC 4

Pretty cool idea, but I’d rather they focused on just getting a good career mode and perhaps a Universe Mode first. An easier mode to create that’s similar to what you’re suggesting is perhaps something along the lines of what Undisputed 3 had. I don’t quite remember the name of the mode but I remember for example having to play through Rampage vs Wanderlei and having to achieve certain goals to recreate the fight. I think that would probably be a pretty easy thing to replicate for UFC 4, and it could be a mid way point before having a fully fleshed ‘showcase’ mode.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
MVP

I don't think we need another scripted story mode of sorts that would take a lot of resources.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
MVP

Trillz's Arena

tbh waste of resource time, this just seems like a lazy game idea that would become irrelevant. we need the core modes to be top notch before adding these extra stuff. Career and universe mode is a must.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
Banned

I think it would be cool. Especially if they added things like press conferences. They would need to add more legends to make this work. I think there was a mode like this in one of the THQ games.

I think that another option is just trying to relive some of the top historical fights. Maybe you get something or even unlocking a legend if you can replicate something from the fight. This could be combined with a tutorial mode to make it functional on many levels.

Aldo v Faber teaches leg kicks
Silva v Griffin teaches head movement and counter
Khabib v Connor ground and pound.
Edgar vs Maynard teaches recovery
Rousey vs Anyone submissions
Rousey vs Holm footwork
Weidman vs Silva vulnerability
Velasquez vs JDS stamina mgmt and clinch
Cejudo vs TJ flash TKO
Holloway vs Aldo or Ortega - Block break
etc

Probably not happening. It would be cool if it did. But if I am being honest I would prefer a universe mode instead

Last edited by lildicky1; 02-16-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildicky1
I think it would be cool. Especially if they added things like press conferences. They would need to add more legends to make this work. I think there was a mode like this in one of the THQ games.

I think that another option is just trying to relive some of the top historical fights. Maybe you get something or even unlocking a legend if you can replicate something from the fight. This could be combined with a tutorial mode to make it functional on many levels.

Aldo v Faber teaches leg kicks
Silva v Griffin teaches head movement and counter
Khabib v Connor ground and pound.
Edgar vs Maynard teaches recovery
Rousey vs Anyone submissions
Rousey vs Holm footwork
Weidman vs Silva vulnerability
Velasquez vs JDS stamina mgmt and clinch
Cejudo vs TJ flash TKO
Holloway vs Aldo or Ortega - Block break
etc

Probably not happening. It would be cool if it did. But if I am being honest I would prefer a universe mode instead
Same, universe is a must. To be honest, if they add universe mode and a large roster, i'm good. Maybe also a good better career mode. I was just throwin this idea out their.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »