Home

Thoughts on Slip uppercut counter

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Slip uppercut counter within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Thoughts on Slip uppercut counter

So I've been playing for about two weeks and noticed that whenever I would get a rock ...my guy would do this slip uppercut counter to any straight strike as I moved in for the kill ...depending on the level of his fighter's uppercut it would virtually if not instantly and the fight with me being Ko'd .

This week I started to do it to him too. Granted it's susceptible to the hook to which the fighter is leaning to ...but the slip uppercut counter is very devasting .

It got to a point this evening where we had the most realistic fights with me using Chuck Liddell and him wanderlei silva . With us being both cautious and fishing for this counter . I tried to nullify it not striking after getting a rock .. so he could get an empty slip with no damage . Caught him a couple of times with it tho .

Thing is ...to be honest this counter is waaaay too potent especially if your fighter has the vengeful perk and you are in a health event .

Just watch out for hooks tho ...slip a straight strike and fire off a lead uppercut especially in a health event if your opponent likes to go straight strikes three times before the round strike . Very helpful against opponents who like to use the 1-2 to pressure or straights to counter jabs.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: Thoughts on Slip uppercut counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
So I've been playing for about two weeks and noticed that whenever I would get a rock ...my guy would do this slip uppercut counter to any straight strike as I moved in for the kill ...depending on the level of his fighter's uppercut it would virtually if not instantly and the fight with me being Ko'd .

This week I started to do it to him too. Granted it's susceptible to the hook to which the fighter is leaning to ...but the slip uppercut counter is very devasting .

It got to a point this evening where we had the most realistic fights with me using Chuck Liddell and him wanderlei silva . With us being both cautious and fishing for this counter . I tried to nullify it not striking after getting a rock .. so he could get an empty slip with no damage . Caught him a couple of times with it tho .

Thing is ...to be honest this counter is waaaay too potent especially if your fighter has the vengeful perk and you are in a health event .

Just watch out for hooks tho ...slip a straight strike and fire off a lead uppercut especially in a health event if your opponent likes to go straight strikes three times before the round strike . Very helpful against opponents who like to use the 1-2 to pressure or straights to counter jabs.

Yeah I've suggested this counter in my striking tips video. I personally like doing slip body hook, or slip straight to the body, coming up with a lead Uppercut to the head.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:34 AM   #3
Rookie

this dude “the real octopus” beat the breaks off me using it. felt like i was fighting emmanuel agustus s/o to bro
Old 03-10-2019, 06:18 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Yeah I've suggested this counter in my striking tips video. I personally like doing slip body hook, or slip straight to the body, coming up with a lead Uppercut to the head.
I think the hardest to land is the slip overhand ...I've tried a lot of times to use doesn't connect ...man my dude has snatched countless of victories from the jaws of death with it: the slip uppercut counter ...this week alone .

Imagine doing that with Gus ...lights out .

You don't see it coming when you've rocked your opponent . Especially on the third or fourth straight strike .

Last edited by rabbitfistssaipailo; 03-10-2019 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:19 AM   #5
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
I think the hardest to land is the slip overhand ...I've tried a lot of times to use doesn't connect ...man my dude has snatched countless of victories from the jaws of death with it ...this week alone .

Imagine doing that with Gus ...lights out .

You don't see it coming when you've rocked your opponent . Especially on the third or fourth straight strike .

Try slip straight lead Overhand.

Thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2019, 06:20 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
this dude “the real octopus” beat the breaks off me using it. felt like i was fighting emmanuel agustus s/o to bro
I virtually feel the air get sucked out of my fighter and my uppercut gets countered with it.

To the point where once I rock him ...I don't do anything until I'm sure I can catch him with the rear hook if I'm south paw .

Old 03-10-2019, 06:28 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Try slip straight lead Overhand.

Thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Overhand I'm assuming is the other hand or the same hand as the straight ? Probably the former .

Can slip counters be counter with slip counters ?

Thanks

Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Overhand I'm assuming is the other hand or the same hand as the straight ? Probably the former .

Can slip counters be counter with slip counters ?

Thanks

Not OP but I use this counter too:

Opposite hand as the straight, you want to combo the strikes to make the lead overhand crazy fast.

And yes, you can slip and counter a slip counter, it's risky and the timing is a pain but it's totally doable.

A little off topic but I'd also just recommend adding the straight-lead overhand combo to your general arsenal.

It's an underutilized and VERY effective combo when used right, specifically advancing/strafing straight into stationary lead overhand.

I like to feint the straight to close the distance then absolutely bomb them with the lead over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »