Home

Could we have the option to turn off the longevity meter in career?

This is a discussion on Could we have the option to turn off the longevity meter in career? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Could we have the option to turn off the longevity meter in career?

This literally ruined the career for me in UFC 2. There are so many fighters to face, and with the option to move up and down in weight it felt I was barely into it when I was told ok careers over. You need to start all over again. I know it was later patched and extended but it ruined my first play through and I moved onto fighting online.

The other thing I'd like to know is has the career mode been extended past 12 years? It made no sense whatsoever. I'd start fighting at 20 and have to retire at 32. Wut. Henderson was still fighting into his forties. Bisping is nearly 40, so is DC. Anderson Silva is into his forties.
The only game that ever got this right was fight night round 2. After 40 years old, your stats would drop and any fights after 40 would be much harder. I came out of retirement a few times and it was fun as hell even if I lost.

I get some people want the longitivity meter on, but for me it was just a distraction. Intead of just enjoying my career and fights against big names, I was constantly thinking **** I'm getting hit this is shortening my career.
I know theres a limit to what can be patched in, but an option to turn it off and come out of retirement would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
Rookie

WatchMeDrive's Arena

Re: Could we have the option to turn off the longevity meter in career?

On the stream yesterday they said you could go upwards of 60 fights, so it the longevity shouldn't be as bad as it was in UFC 2.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeDrive
On the stream yesterday they said you could go upwards of 60 fights, so it the longevity shouldn't be as bad as it was in UFC 2.
Maybe, but there should just be an option to turn off the effects. I don't know much about programming, but such an option can't take over a minute or two to program in. They don't even have to hide the meter, just the retirement trigger. They know from the hundreds of complaints that people don't like it, but they didn't make the option despite rambling about "giving the fans what they want". I'm personally not that bothered by it, but why not?
Old 01-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth223
Intead of just enjoying my career and fights against big names, I was constantly thinking **** I'm getting hit this is shortening my career.
I absolutely know what you mean and it was the same for me. It's a real immersion breaker.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
Rookie

They said you can up 50-70 fight careers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 10:44 PM   #6
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Turning it off would kill career for me.

It's the best thing about the mode. They just need to tweak it to make sure that you don't end up taking arbitrary damage like UFC 2.

I played through career in UFC 2 multiple times undefeated once I got good at the game, and without fail my last three fights would give me a ridiculous amount of damage even if I KO'd the opponent instantly, taking no damage at all. Hopefully it doesn't do that this year. Maybe the longevity is tuned in a way where you gotta fight practically perfect to reach 60 fights. That would be good with me. That way when the longevity runs out at like, 43 fights you know it was because of your experience. Not an arbitrary barrier.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:47 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

For now, I'm liking longevity. It was overhauled for EA UFC 3.

I'm a bit curious about whether or not it's tuned per difficulty. I guess not. On easier ones players probably won't take too much damage, anyways.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
Pro

So far it's fine. It seems it somehow goes up if you recuperate, but I could be wrong. Atm, 10+ fights in, close to top15, it's still at 90% I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »