Home

Circling discussion 2.0

This is a discussion on Circling discussion 2.0 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #41
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Circling discussion 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Lb or rb depending on the stance you want to shift too. The parallel stance aka neutral stance aka defensive stance is used by many fighters. From dominick cruz to tj dillashaw to lomachenko. Your argueing again with no facts or counter arguments why it shouldn't be something someone wanted to do in game. What about it would cause problems? Its literally the answer to pressure fighting and would require skill to master. Why arent you arguing with dubstep? Oh thats right you got something against me. Nm.
Do you not know how to have a discussion without assuming everybody is against you for some reason? He's asking the right questions, you want things to be able to translate to the game without things being clunky, Red Dead Redemption 2 has the issue of being a solid game, but they made the simplest of actions much more difficult than they needed to be.

You also used Three Switch Hitters as an example, but it'd be better for you to use people who primarily fight in one stance and have used going neutral as a means to set up their attack, not guys who's fight style thrive off of being that way because that's how they naturally fight.

For example, Henry against Moraes would have been a perfect example on how he went to a neutral-esque boxer-wrestler stance to mitigate the damage on his legs + to close the distance and pressure Marlon into punching range.

The majority of the people commenting on this forum thread, whether they are good players or not, are actually trying to find common ground and look for solutions that carry to BOTH sides, if you can't find a way to express your ideas coherently WITHOUT having the need to make it about your ego (thinking somebody is deflecting a point because they have a vendetta against you, which they don't), then don't comment unless you're going to proofread your statement before you post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Lb or rb depending on the stance you want to shift too. The parallel stance aka neutral stance aka defensive stance is used by many fighters. From dominick cruz to tj dillashaw to lomachenko. Your argueing again with no facts or counter arguments why it shouldn't be something someone wanted to do in game. What about it would cause problems? Its literally the answer to pressure fighting and would require skill to master. Why arent you arguing with dubstep? Oh thats right you got something against me. Nm.
I did provided facts and counter arguments... I mentioned the control scheme and how it currently wouldn't work, I also provided an alternative I think works better. The guy in the video states its not used often as it doesn't have many defensive options and leaves you open. Not many people use this stance, I can find the time in the video if you disagree with this.

Tbh its just angles and i think this could be done with lunging rather than complicating it with another step. I have no issue against you but this is the first topic j ever brought up about the game, way back week one. I like that your providing input but I disagree with it that's all. We are both aiming for the same thing here but I think your method overly complicates things, ruins the current control scheme and alienates most of the player base who won't be able to use this. I've provided multiple facts and counter arguments based on the game, I'm not arguing about it irl as j know it exists, it's about its implementation that's important here.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
I did provided facts and counter arguments... I mentioned the control scheme and how it currently wouldn't work, I also provided an alternative I think works better. The guy in the video states its not used often as it doesn't have many defensive options and leaves you open. Not many people use this stance, I can find the time in the video if you disagree with this.

Tbh its just angles and i think this could be done with lunging rather than complicating it with another step. I have no issue against you but this is the first topic j ever brought up about the game, way back week one. I like that your providing input but I disagree with it that's all. We are both aiming for the same thing here but I think your method overly complicates things, ruins the current control scheme and alienates most of the player base who won't be able to use this. I've provided multiple facts and counter arguments based on the game, I'm not arguing about it irl as j know it exists, it's about its implementation that's important here.
Marlon vs. Cejudo was a great example of outside vs. inside... marlon had Cejudo on the outside for 1.5 rounds landing leg kicks and straight punches... Cejudo had to work his *** of and use his chin to come closer as he started to cut angles and clinch when close range... interesting how strikes in proper range always stun the opponent and make they get balance again...

Sterling vs munhoz was also a great example this time pressure vs outside... this is a thing we need in this game... Munhoz is a bantamweight and in the first round was already gassed by the pressure that he put trying to find sterling...sterling also kept Munhoz out of range using only straight punches and lunges... it’s pratically impossible in ea ufc 3 fight in that distance because a moving strike cover to much space
Old 06-11-2019, 10:57 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:

Tell me how pushing rb or lb as you change stances ruins the control scheme when they already use that modifier in conjunction with rt and other strikes? It’s called a modifier for a reason. And your over complicating it. There’s no conflict. It’s simply a modifier and to say it alienates the player base when it would be the biggest help possible is completely backwards and just simply wrong. So again how would defensive footwork alienate the player base? How would v stepping hurt the player base? The people liking your posts are in favor of a heavy pressure style meta.

Last edited by 1212headkick; 06-11-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:44 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Tell me how pushing rb or lb as you change stances ruins the control scheme when they already use that modifier in conjunction with rt and other strikes? It’s called a modifier for a reason. And your over complicating it. There’s no conflict. It’s simply a modifier and to say it alienates the player base when it would be the biggest help possible is completely backwards and just simply wrong. So again how would defensive footwork alienate the player base? How would v stepping hurt the player base? The people liking your posts are in favor of a heavy pressure style meta.
Using LB or RB conflicts as it used as a strike modifier. So as soon as you go to through one of these strikes from the neutral stance you switch to a stance, might ever be the one of you don't want as you have no control as its instant. For example you want to through an overhand from the neutral stance but as soon as you go to through it your character switches to orthodox due to the command using RB. If it's a press and hold though that could work but maybe be a bit less fluid.

Players already don't use the tools available as they aren't skilled enough, you've advocated for this already. It alienates them as the method you propose is too complex and over complicated. Aholbert and romero definitely don't prefer a pressure heavy meta but that has no weight on my points, still haven't answered any of the issues I brought up.

Again, I have no problem with you, I just have a problem with your idea here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Using LB or RB conflicts as it used as a strike modifier. So as soon as you go to through one of these strikes from the neutral stance you switch to a stance, might ever be the one of you don't want as you have no control as its instant. For example you want to through an overhand from the neutral stance but as soon as you go to through it your character switches to orthodox due to the command using RB. If it's a press and hold though that could work but maybe be a bit less fluid.

Players already don't use the tools available as they aren't skilled enough, you've advocated for this already. It alienates them as the method you propose is too complex and over complicated. Aholbert and romero definitely don't prefer a pressure heavy meta but that has no weight on my points, still haven't answered any of the issues I brought up.

Again, I have no problem with you, I just have a problem with your idea here.
The method is not complex. How is it too complex to push rb,lb, and click the switch stance? They already do something similar for the long arm retreat which has more inputs. It’s not complex it’s just that you don’t understand how things work in the game already. I think your problem is you should dedicate more time to practicing. You expect skill for for free. I don’t play like a robot. I consciously make my decisions. And that is the biggest problem for most players. They just throw their flowchart combos and expect to win. The actual stepping is movement based from how you change stances etc. I think it’s just your bias against players who are better than you that’s making you say this and I say this with the utmost respect. It would raise the skill cieling add fat more depth to footwork and make the game realistic. Win win win. I bet several other peers here would be able to perform this with relative ease.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
The method is not complex. How is it too complex to push rb,lb, and click the switch stance? They already do something similar for the long arm retreat which has more inputs. It’s not complex it’s just that you don’t understand how things work in the game already. I think your problem is you should dedicate more time to practicing. You expect skill for for free. I don’t play like a robot. I consciously make my decisions. And that is the biggest problem for most players. They just throw their flowchart combos and expect to win. The actual stepping is movement based from how you change stances etc. I think it’s just your bias against players who are better than you that’s making you say this and I say this with the utmost respect. It would raise the skill cieling add fat more depth to footwork and make the game realistic. Win win win. I bet several other peers here would be able to perform this with relative ease.
So your response is basically that he disagrees with you because he's not good at the game? You are just going to ignore his very valid point that using LB or RB could conflict with it being a strike modifier?
Old 06-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So your response is basically that he disagrees with you because he's not good at the game? You are just going to ignore his very valid point that using LB or RB could conflict with it being a strike modifier?
How when you would only press it when changing stances?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »