Home

Any other veteran players, stopped playing Ranked with EA UFC 3's release?

This is a discussion on Any other veteran players, stopped playing Ranked with EA UFC 3's release? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Any other veteran players, stopped playing Ranked with EA UFC 3's release?

Any of the 3 EA UFC games, feel terrible when stuttering/lagging/input lag is introduced. However, I don't believe I can pinpoint exactly what it is, but I am really enjoying the game and getting 10x more chill vibes, when playing it in Quick Game compared to ranked.

I Just can't be arsed to even play any EA UFC Ranked at this point after all those frustrating lag infested memories.
Especially EA UFC 3, since the dropped inputs/input lag were introduced as a game feuture, poor connection matches feel even worse than the pervious titles.(Edit: Also forgot to mention the terrible decision, that allows online PS4 PRO users get to play at 60fps against 30fps players )

I've been playing EA UFC 3 daily, since day one of it's release and all i've been playing after finishing the Career Mode, is online Quick Game and I've found my peace.

I mean I've attempted starting EA UFC 3 Ranked, 3 times, today was the 3rd and final attempt, since the 10 games I played in Total, only 1 of them had a 4 green bar of connection and the rest had a 2 bar connection, that hinders the gameplay, due to all of those mechanics, that make your striking depend on yours and your opponent's position and movement direction. (BTW, thank you for allowing us to see the status of our connection)

Since Timing is of the essence and nothing is pre-inputed anymore, it straight up makes the competitive/ranked game department, more broken and unplayable than ever before in the series.

Don't even get me started on the typical "I only Pick Daniel Cormier and tryhard drag 5 round fights, till I wrestle bore you to death" type of players, that only seems to have gotten worse, from the "I Only pick Jon Jones" players of EA UFC 2 ranked.

Finally, one thing I've noticed with EA UFC 3, is that if the connection is good, I can be playing Heavyweight and feel as if the game is fast paced, without any dropped inputs on the typical combos and all of that good stuff, but as soon as there is input lag/poor connection introduced, I feel as if all of the sudden my fighters, have some sort of slow-motion defect cast onto them(I've contemplated if that is just a mental thing and tried experimenting by attempting to input my combos faster and all of that, but to no avail!)

So getting back to the point: Are there any other Veterans of the EA UFC series in here, that stopped playing Ranked with the release of EA UFC 3? Or am I mostly just a distant case?

I'd love to finally see some standards implemented in the matchmaking, going forward with EA UFC 4. We all know what a terrible laggy game feels like, so please make sure you take into account of such poor epxeriences and don't match us with opponent's, where the game will not clearly be enjoyable...

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-02-2019 at 11:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 01:02 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Any other veteran players, stopped playing Ranked with EA UFC 3's release?

Been playing since the beta. Yeah I play Online Quick Fight, I can't stand ranked. Just idk the vibe is much more negative in ranked than quick fight. The times I've played in ranked I've gotten more hate messages than GG's. Win or lose. On quick fight win or lose, it's usually a GG. So yeah quick fight for me lol, all around much more enjoyable.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:15 AM   #3
Banned

Honestly its the most toxic communtiy of a UFC game since UFC Undisputed 2010. lol
Old 11-04-2019, 04:05 AM   #4
Rookie

Definitely the dropped inputs and general unresponsiveness is the most frustrating aspect of the game for me, whether ranked or quick fight. Losing in quick fight makes me less angry though lol.

The gap between what I want to do and what I actually manage to have my charachter do is quite big. It may be input error, complex controls, lag, normal PS4/normal TV that I'm using, I don't know but it can be very frustrating.

Last edited by NEWSS; 11-05-2019 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:02 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
Definitely the dropped inputs and general unresponsiveness is the most frustrating aspect of the game for me, whether ranked or quick fight. Losing in quick fight makes less angry though lol.

The gap between what I want to do and what I actually manage to have my charachter do is quite big. It may be input error, complex controls, lag, normal PS4/normal TV that I'm using, I don't know but it can be very frustrating.
Its the normal PS4 + TV. Ive experienced it first hand.

Been playing UFC 3 on a base ps4 and a TV since UFC 3 released, then switched to PS 4 Pro and Monitor and the difference is just unreal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 06:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Its the normal PS4 + TV. Ive experienced it first hand.

Been playing UFC 3 on a base ps4 and a TV since UFC 3 released, then switched to PS 4 Pro and Monitor and the difference is just unreal.

Well that sucks. I'm not gonna pay $300+ for this game so I'll keep being at a disatvantage I guess
Old 11-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Well that sucks. I'm not gonna pay $300+ for this game so I'll keep being at a disatvantage I guess
The game is not worth it tbh. But if the same ish is going on in UFC 4 I would recommend buying both Monitor and PS 4 pro.

Ebay has cheap ones.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Definitely the dropped inputs and general unresponsiveness is the most frustrating aspect of the game for me, whether ranked or quick fight. Losing in quick fight makes less angry though lol.

Strong agree on this. I feel this so hard. Really frustrating sometimes.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »