Home

Career mode tunnel walk

This is a discussion on Career mode tunnel walk within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Career mode tunnel walk

Entrances are the biggest waste of time I can think of. At most people will watch them once then skip from them on.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #10
Pro

I would love to see the numbers of how many times these intro walkouts get skipped. I’m sure it’s 90%+ high. Online, intros begin at the tale of the tape and people tend to skip here too. I’m all for production if the gameplay development is unaffected. As far as production the priority should overlay the gameplay. 3rd commentator for example or fighter specific tendencies like King Green’s constant no sells... stuff you can’t just skip. Personally, I don’t want to raise the flag or hand slap the crowd, run to the cage or give extra hugs mini game pre fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #11
MVP

Yeah, absolutely. People skip those and they would take a lot of resources.

Since I liked the idea of "manual", maybe pressing a button can cause one of multiple possible celebrations after a win. You could do that in Tekken back in the day. For example, with Romero you could choose salute in-cage or dive out Khabib style. You already have the animations available, you just give the players a choice.

I actually think current walkouts are pretty good. The walk itself is very individual-specific, there's good, detailed commentary while it happens, the in-cage actions are on point. The only thing is that it's shorter than real life but that's more than understandable. Apart from that, it's as close to a real-life walkout as you can get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 10:53 PM   #12
MVP

Maybe some people skip the walkout because they don't capture that big fight feeling? Maybe some people don't play online and don't skip the walkouts at all?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2019, 11:45 PM   #13
Banned

Dont forget that NBA Live 20 has been canceled the money of that game is now free to use. Maybe thats the reason why we havent heard anything yet. More money means deeper development.

But then again when Im thinking about EA greed of the last couple years... that money probably went straight into EAs pocket. A shame. It could really be used elsewhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »