Home

Multiple animations for the same strikes

This is a discussion on Multiple animations for the same strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Multiple animations for the same strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Ehem... Excuse me? This engine talk is going on since UFC 3 was released. It was a high topic ever since. And never stopped being a high topic. If the devs didnt get the message then the game is doomed either way.

I dont understand this White Knighting of yours. You've been here all the time. You must have seen at least 10 posts on that topic.
Man. I swear people here hate being told the truth. Especially when it has to do with areas of the game they care about.

I dont give a **** about corporations enough to "white knight" for them. I work with them and have enjoyed the work I do. Thats it.

The game will likely be out in the next 6 mos. So making a post now about changing an engine is pretty much useless. Either EA has already decided to use a new engine by now or they havent, so your post isnt really going to sway them one way or the other.

Now I dont begrudge you posting what you want. Do your thing. As you can see my response wasnt event directed at you...it was in response to MacGowan.

Finally dont add stuff to what I said. I never "defended the UFC 3 engine". My response was 2 sentences and didnt mention the UFC 3 engine at all. I also never said no one "asked for it".

If you want to debate or arguing, argue the points I made. Dont just make up **** so you have something yell about.

Here are the points:

- A decision has likely already been made about a new engine at this point so any comments on a gameplay or graphics engine will have more effect on UFC 5 than UFC 4.

- The talk about a new engine is most beneficial 12-18 mos or more before the game is released.

If you have an issue with those points, I'm glad to hear your response.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #10
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Quoting half a post doesnt make your point valid, m8. ''I dont care about NEW grappling, NEW clinch systems and NEW mechanics here and there...'' that doesnt mean I want to have UFC 3 recycled
I'm sorry, am I the only one reading this? you don't care about CLINCH, GRAPPLING, and various mechanics... that's like the entire ****ing game besides striking. You don't care about those things. you just want a different engine..... a different ****ing engine!

well, **** me, mate. what happened to this forum?
Old 12-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Man. I swear people here hate being told the truth. Especially when it has to do with areas of the game they care about.

I dont give a **** about corporations enough to "white knight" for them. I work with them and have enjoyed the work I do. Thats it.

The game will likely be out in the next 6 mos. So making a post now about changing an engine is pretty much useless. Either EA has already decided to use a new engine by now or they havent, so your post isnt really going to sway them one way or the other.

Now I dont begrudge you posting what you want. Do your thing. As you can see my response wasnt event directed at you...it was in response to MacGowan.

Finally dont add stuff to what I said. I never "defended the UFC 3 engine". My response was 2 sentences and didnt mention the UFC 3 engine at all. I also never said no one "asked for it".

If you want to debate or arguing, argue the points I made. Dont just make up **** so you have something yell about.

Here are the points:

- A decision has likely already been made about a new engine at this point so any comments on a gameplay or graphics engine will have more effect on UFC 5 than UFC 4.

- The talk about a new engine is most beneficial 12-18 mos or more before the game is released.

If you have an issue with those points, I'm glad to hear your response.
Thats not the point. You sounded like you said nobody brought it up... thats just not true. There was enough time to change it complaints came in early (see UFC 3 Ragdoll patch 2 months post release).

It sounds like you already know the UFC 3 engine is going to be in UFC 4 and nobody said nothing about UFC 3 bad engine.

I have no issues with you at all. You know that I always say I appreciate the gamechangers here that actually work for us. People always have different opinions on everything thats not the point... but protecting EA from recycling bad stuff by saying nobody ever suggested it, is the wrong way, homie.

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 12-04-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I'm sorry, am I the only one reading this? you don't care about CLINCH, GRAPPLING, and various mechanics... that's like the entire ****ing game besides striking. You don't care about those things. you just want a different engine..... a different ****ing engine!

well, **** me, mate. what happened to this forum?
You again left out the word NEW.

Take a Xanax or flip the bean, I dont care which.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #13
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
flip the bean
Ah we've devolved into talking about masturbation. how grown-up of you.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Thats not the point. You sounded like you said nobody brought it up... thats just not true. There was enough time to change it complaints came in early (see UFC 3 Ragdoll patch 2 months post release).

It sound like you already know the UFC 3 engine is going to be in UFC 4 and nobody said nothing about UFC 3 bad engine.

I have no issues with you at all. You know that I always say I appreciate the gamechangers here that actually work for us. People always have different opinions on everything thats not the point... but protecting EA from recycling bad stuff by saying nobody ever suggested it, is the wrong way, homie.
"Sounded like"? You read it wrong. There was no "sound like." I never said no one ever suggested it. My entire point was suggesting it now isnt likely to matter one way or the other. Just say you read it/comprehended it wrong and we ca move on.

Also how am I "protecting" them? GPD reads this thread and says "Well I was going to suggest a new "engine" to the team but aholbert32 said that we only have 6 mos to add it so...nevermind."

Come on man.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #15
Banned

I see aholberts been here. The threads was derailed lol. Figures
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena