Home

Transition based submissions

This is a discussion on Transition based submissions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want Transition based submissions.
Yes 32 88.89%
No 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2020, 09:12 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Transition based submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
But one thing you guys haven't talked about is submission defence in this proposed TBS system how would that work ?

Maybe it's been proposed too by you guys and I didn't read it.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
It would be pretty balanced. Both sub offense and defense is based on denials and transitions. So as the defender you try to transition out of subs and to lower stages of subs and deny the aggressors transitions to higher stages of subs. At the final stage the aggressor has to hold position for a certain period of time so as the defender it is important to transition back to lower stages of the submission.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2020, 09:27 PM   #146
MVP

On Hudless submissions in the current system..

A camera rotation could be the mini game itself. You start with an aerial view of the sub animation. You rotate left or right and the camera will slightly shake when the aggressor and defender overlap indicating progress in the bar. The camera zoom tells you how deep you are.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #147
Rookie

Thank you for making this thread bro. Im bringing this back, because we need this.

I dont even care about subs in this game, because its a mini game not related to the sport at all. The 10 gate system last game was bad too.

The action should be on the two fighters at all time.

The ideas presented are amazing, hope something can be done like this next game UFC 5, if there is a UFC 5.

The 1 or 2 transition sytem, then the squeeze or pressure stage by strategic button mashing is perfect.

First transition to trap, Second to position, Then the squeeze stage which is the most stamina heavy part, in which you can go for broke and drain yourself, or let it go etc.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:50 PM   #148
Banned

You could mix the simple subs and tbs together and make your denials easier depending on who hit the button more and each denial or transition could mean progressing or depressing the submission
Old 08-28-2020, 10:12 AM   #149
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
You could mix the simple subs and tbs together and make your denials easier depending on who hit the button more and each denial or transition could mean progressing or depressing the submission
Interesting so basically TBS with simple subs as the transition mechanic? I wouldn't mind. I think regular transitions or UD3 style transitions work best since it would still feel like another part of the grappling game than another mini game.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:01 PM   #150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Interesting so basically TBS with simple subs as the transition mechanic? I wouldn't mind. I think regular transitions or UD3 style transitions work best since it would still feel like another part of the grappling game than another mini game.
Why even have the fighters going thru the stages, if all were focused on is the mini game.

Like imagine when you went for a KO and a mini game popped up to either sub, follow up punch etc.

Why was the decision made to have a minigame anyways?
Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostEerned
Why even have the fighters going thru the stages, if all were focused on is the mini game.

Like imagine when you went for a KO and a mini game popped up to either sub, follow up punch etc.

Why was the decision made to have a minigame anyways?
I think it was because submissions have always been a mini game and they didn't want to experiment in the chance it turns away casuals.

The thing is TBS is more casual friendly while also being feature deep enough for hardcores too.

TBS is basically submission position so it could be called that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2022, 08:08 PM   #152
MVP

Now that the devs are working on UFC 5 with a new engine, I hope transition based subs are being added. People have been asking for it pre EA UFC games, it would be the perfect time with a new engine. I remember Skynet said they are looking into it.

Here's my updated TBS:

Finishing a sub would require you to hold position for a some time. The timer is your GA, and different actions (transitions, strikes, denying) can increase or shorten the GA timer. Lower stamina and low GA means less time to escape. The defender can attempt transitions out of the deeper stages with a minor transition or out of the sub completely with a major transition. The attacker can transition into deeper positions with minor transitions or chain subs with major transitions or cancel. You could finish a sub around stage 3/4 but it takes more time than stage 5. Subs can have additional transitions available for variations like body triangle, belly down armbar, guillotine etc. Some positions take longer to finish but do more long term damage or stamina or vice versa.

You should be able to move in ground positions and submission positions and that affects available transitions or speed of the transition. The clinch and grappling should be one system again and it should include submissions too. Denials should work like blocking a strike so that you can chain transitions. The denier would be able to shine the stick along the available transitions and can block the transitions in that direction. The attacker would have to shine the stick in different directions and swoop the stick after maintaining an unblocked transition for a few secs then they would transition. Or do it like how turning take downs work now and make all transitions work that way. FTF subs should start at stage 4/5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »