Home

Universe mode idea/question

This is a discussion on Universe mode idea/question within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Universe mode idea/question

For all of you interested in a universe mode as I am, I was curious your thoughts. Would you want a fan perception rating or something along that line. So you can put true number 1 contenders vs their respective weight champion and you might sacrifice ppv buys (or some monetary metric) but your fan loyalty and perception increases or you you can put a star fighter against the champ and see more ppv buys but a decrease in fan perception as you don’t have true number 1 contender fighting.

For those curious yes the primary thought behind this was mcgregor however other events such as gaethe being passed over, aldo possibly fighting for the bantamweight coming off a loss and Romero getting a title fight again coming off two loses were all thoughts. Would you guys want a system like that to balance or no? (Doesn’t have to be in the first iteration of it either maybe down the road)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Re: Universe mode idea/question

I think all those title shots are bull**** (I might forgive them for the romero one)

You won't see that in a universe mode by EA I don't think. What we can hope for is a simple injury, calendar, and ranking system.

What you're talking about does exist in WMMA5 though (yes, still plugging it.)
Old 01-19-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I think all those title shots are bull**** (I might forgive them for the romero one)

You won't see that in a universe mode by EA I don't think. What we can hope for is a simple injury, calendar, and ranking system.

What you're talking about does exist in WMMA5 though (yes, still plugging it.)
Yes I actually got that game after seeing guys like you talk about it so much on the forums. Fantastic game and it’s exactly my hope for a ufc game. But to your point I don’t think Ea would do something like that. Is a ufc mod for it as good as the base?
Old 01-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Sadly, unless EA can find a way to monetize this mode I doubt it will ever come to fruition. At the end of the day the people that create a following for this game are the competitive crowd. I do feel like this game could grow its player base if they simply provided a great offline experience. Right now the single player vs AI experience is just not good. Too many strikers going for take downs, too many grapplers trying bang etc. etc. almost no one fights like their real life counterparts.

Shoot! At this point I would be happy if EA brought event mode up to par with undisputed 3, with improved commentary, fighter intros and what not. Make an “event” feel like an event. Not just a bunch of fight now fights bunched together

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »