Home

What qualifies someone to be a game changer ?

This is a discussion on What qualifies someone to be a game changer ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2020, 08:53 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: What qualifies someone to be a game changer ?

Lol. I swear this question comes up every year. Zhunter is a bjj black belt who has fought as An amateur and owns a bjj gym. Romero is a wrestler. Martial’s experience has been stated.

A good amount of the game changers have actual martial arts experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizamurai
Oh okay I thought they had a big influence on the game which I don’t believe it should be that way. Background in fighting would be nice or at least extensive training but hey whatever being a game changer is probably cool. Just hope fighters get more of say so on these titles because guys like weidman, Israel and others expressed their distaste for the franchise. Fingers crossed all is well.

I doubt there have been a ton of fighters who give a **** about gameplay or the grappling system. With that said if there was one, I’m sure the devs would consider his feedback.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
What qualifies someone to be a game changer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I doubt there have been a ton of fighters who give a **** about gameplay or the grappling system. With that said if there was one, I’m sure the devs would consider his feedback.

I believe there is, it’s cool to play as yourself but if the game doesn’t feel good and your likeness doesn’t feel like yourself then you’ll be like weidman ,Israel , conor and dj that were kinda turned off by the game and how their characters felt and overall gameplay. Fighters came in to EA studios to do work with ea , Israel cares enough to go over there to get his body type right and striking right , Dominick Reyes wanted to be in the game and Joe Rogan talked about how the game doesn’t do a good job to represent the sport of mma , ronda Rousey saying she doesn’t play as herself because the character didn’t feel like her and the list goes on. If the gameplay and grappling was right Im sure they would appreciate it a lot more. Why wouldn’t they care about gameplay for real. fighters will wanna play as themselves, see how their characters perform. I’m sure EA would consider real fighter feedback and I’m pretty sure they have or EA hasn’t reached out to fighters for advice to make the game feel correct other than there individual likeness.

To say fighters don’t care when there’s clear evidence of fighters enthusiastic to help work on the game to make the game feel right. I just believe game changers should have a background in mma or other combat sports to give back valuable back to represent the sport we all love , it’s only necessary. Game changers right now fine Test the game yes, community express ideas yes , can real fighters be able to over rule ideas to make the game appropriate to represent the sport better I believe that should be the case or go straight to fighters first. I heard ea doesn’t pay game changers but they do pay for to fly you out and etc , why not call a bunch of fighters and give them the same treatment. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t mind, I know I wouldn’t. Like I said before this isnt to bash anybody but I just hope the game changers are enough to make a big difference and represent this community well. I’m still relatively new on this site but I seen some great ideas REALISTIC ideas that is the true representation of MMA get shut down by game changers because it doesn’t match up with how they feel the game should be even though the great idea gets praised. Makes me wonder who has background in combat or train on the daily basis like myself training out of hybrid mma in Chicago.

I also seen on here and heard of game changers arguing with each other in EA studios because they all have different ideas on what mma should be in a game , I never heard of fighters arguing with each other and how MMA should be perceived. No I will admit most game changers I’ve watched on YouTube or seen through here have some brilliant ideas that would represent mma very as a whole from a career , animations, grappling and more.

Last edited by Jizamurai; 03-08-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Saving some exception, I doubt that many fighters will take care of a video game so much, they might have to hire them and pay them a good salary for it, on the contrary the gamechangers give their opinions without being economically compensated, even if the developers will take what they can or not say, everything depends on whether the idea can come into your plans
Old 03-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiqueros
Saving some exception, I doubt that many fighters will take care of a video game so much, they might have to hire them and pay them a good salary for it, on the contrary the gamechangers give their opinions without being economically compensated, even if the developers will take what they can or not say, everything depends on whether the idea can come into your plans

True true but then again idk how it works. Well I hope all is well with everyone and there was a divide on where the game changers stand , bickering amongst each other won’t do no good lol
Old 03-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #14
MVP

Yaari's Arena

They did not look for any kind of background in martial arts stuff at all, but it did help their cases. The community manager at that time was looking for people and we went to OS specifically for a offline focused player that turned out to be aholbert.

I think many of the other first group were from the old EA UFC forum. We just had people voting on them. They all wrote up forum posts, but I really forgot what was in them.

I dont know much about the people that joined later on.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizamurai
I believe there is, it’s cool to play as yourself but if the game doesn’t feel good and your likeness doesn’t feel like yourself then you’ll be like weidman ,Israel , conor and dj that were kinda turned off by the game and how their characters felt and overall gameplay. Fighters came in to EA studios to do work with ea , Israel cares enough to go over there to get his body type right and striking right , Dominick Reyes wanted to be in the game and Joe Rogan talked about how the game doesn’t do a good job to represent the sport of mma , ronda Rousey saying she doesn’t play as herself because the character didn’t feel like her and the list goes on. If the gameplay and grappling was right Im sure they would appreciate it a lot more. Why wouldn’t they care about gameplay for real. fighters will wanna play as themselves, see how their characters perform. I’m sure EA would consider real fighter feedback and I’m pretty sure they have or EA hasn’t reached out to fighters for advice to make the game feel correct other than there individual likeness.

To say fighters don’t care when there’s clear evidence of fighters enthusiastic to help work on the game to make the game feel right. I just believe game changers should have a background in mma or other combat sports to give back valuable back to represent the sport we all love , it’s only necessary. Game changers right now fine Test the game yes, community express ideas yes , can real fighters be able to over rule ideas to make the game appropriate to represent the sport better I believe that should be the case or go straight to fighters first. I heard ea doesn’t pay game changers but they do pay for to fly you out and etc , why not call a bunch of fighters and give them the same treatment. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t mind, I know I wouldn’t. Like I said before this isnt to bash anybody but I just hope the game changers are enough to make a big difference and represent this community well. I’m still relatively new on this site but I seen some great ideas REALISTIC ideas that is the true representation of MMA get shut down by game changers because it doesn’t match up with how they feel the game should be even though the great idea gets praised. Makes me wonder who has background in combat or train on the daily basis like myself training out of hybrid mma in Chicago.

I also seen on here and heard of game changers arguing with each other in EA studios because they all have different ideas on what mma should be in a game , I never heard of fighters arguing with each other and how MMA should be perceived. No I will admit most game changers I’ve watched on YouTube or seen through here have some brilliant ideas that would represent mma very as a whole from a career , animations, grappling and more.

I said there aren’t “a lot” of fighters who care. I didn’t say there weren’t any. Also there is a big difference between wanting to be in the game and caring whether the gameplay is a mma simulation or caring about a gameplay mechanic.

All these things you’ve suggested, they already do. They called a number of fighters in to do mo cap and get their thoughts on the game. They did it in ufc 3 and I bet they did the same in ufc 4.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2020, 01:12 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lol. I swear this question comes up every year. Zhunter is a bjj black belt who has fought as An amateur and owns a bjj gym. Romero is a wrestler. Martial’s experience has been stated.

A good amount of the game changers have actual martial arts experience.

This.

RomeroXVII has some very solid wrestling credentials, Martial has quite a bit of Muay Thai experience. Ive fought as an amateur and trained in various martial arts such as boxing, muay thai, judo, and bjj over the past 11 years. Though mainly BJJ. Ive also cornered/coached multiple fighters in the LFA and other regional promotions.

Whats funny though is that Aholbert has no formal experience(That I know of) yet likely knows more about the UFC than I do, and more often than not, outclasses me on fight picks.

The same way that you dont have to be a great fighter to be a great coach (Danaher,Greg Jackson) you dont have to have formal training to give good feedback on an MMA game.

Also note that at this point the devs themselves have quite a bit of experience. There are brown, purple and blue belts on the dev team, who also have kickboxing experience and train with Tristan Connelly on a regular basis. Contrary to what people may believe, the devs are not fragile nerds who have never taken a punch to the face. Though the "nerd" part may be true. 😂

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »