Home

The Game just deleted two of my CAFs that I spent hours of my life on

This is a discussion on The Game just deleted two of my CAFs that I spent hours of my life on within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The Game just deleted two of my CAFs that I spent hours of my life on

Its one thing that we only have 22 slots for CAFs (which is a joke for PS4 standards tbh), but its absolutely insane, that the ones we have get deleted by bugs. I know, that I didnt delete them myself cause I created them, played and recorded them, in the last 24 hrs. Ridiculous, Im really pissed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: The Game just deleted two of my CAFs that I spent hours of my life on

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Its one thing that we only have 22 slots for CAFs (which is a joke for PS4 standards tbh), but its absolutely insane, that the ones we have get deleted by bugs. I know, that I didnt delete them myself cause I created them, played and recorded them, in the last 24 hrs. Ridiculous, Im really pissed.
I had my save get corrupted somehow and had to delete and reinstall the game which deleted all of my 15+ cafs I spent hours and hours and hours and hooouuuurs on.

Damn near shed a tear that day.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 03-14-2020, 11:29 PM   #3
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I had my save get corrupted somehow and had to delete and reinstall the game which deleted all of my 15+ cafs I spent hours and hours and hours and hooouuuurs on.

Damn near shed a tear that day.
Same here. Fixed the tattoo on one CAF, and ended up having to delete the whole save. we made a thread about it here

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ring-cafs.html

edit: From now on I always back up my UFC save on a flashdrive..

Last edited by MacGowan; 03-14-2020 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:10 AM   #4
Rookie

You must be able to add and save the CAF individually, and not all at once, since I can spend hours creating one to my liking, save it, and days later create others until closing the small list of 22 that can be saved, but you have a problem of this type, and you can no longer be able to add them all at once even if you have saved them since they were saved at different times, EA has to make things easier in edit mode, and when saving my created fighters it can be so individually
Old 03-15-2020, 03:38 AM   #5
Rookie

For those of us who love editing and character creation, EA UFC games are very limited in every way, which makes our creations very difficult, on the one hand, not being able to save a large number of characters since with only 22 It makes a very small list, in addition to that you have to add more options of hairstyles, beards, tattoos, female bodies, a wider range of hair colors and skin tones ... to top it off, not being able to save my CAF individually on a flash drive, not even being able to pass them from one account to another within my own video game console, all this seriously hinders our possibilities of creating our characters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2020, 05:54 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm pretty confident this is an issue with how the save files operate. They have a fixed capacity of 18.88MB regardless of what's contained within those files, whether you have 0 fighters or 8(The maximum capacity for each save).

One thing I've noticed, if I create a bunch of template characters with very little detail. I don't run into any issues.

However once I started creating very detailed characters; with custom movesets, perks, attributes and heavy use of tattoos etc. Usually one of 2 things happen, either I can't boot up the game or characters are deleted probably to reduce file space.

What I suspect is happening, that once the amount of data exceeds the BASE capacity of the character save it causes the game to crash.

I would then have to delete those character saves in order to play the game again.

It's similar to modding a PC game and you're adding additional data than what is allocated to the base game and you get an 'exception' upon boot.

I hope this gets addressed in the next game, EA Sports UFC has gotta be the only game I've EVER run into these issues when it comes to character creation. Even worse is that it only allows for a maximum of 22 slots.
#1 LEC x3
Old 03-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #7
Banned

It actually deleted 4, not 2. But I found out what the problems is. It only deleted the ones that already existed (I think they were all gameface CAFs).

So if you wanna create a new CAF delete the existing slot, dont overwrite it with the new file. Delete and use a new slot.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Same here. Fixed the tattoo on one CAF, and ended up having to delete the whole save. we made a thread about it here

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ring-cafs.html

edit: From now on I always back up my UFC save on a flashdrive..
I need to do this asap

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »