Home

What do you want most from EA UFC 4?

This is a discussion on What do you want most from EA UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want the most from EA UFC 4? (Choose 3)
Improved/Reworked Ground Game 50 64.94%
Improved/Reworked Clinch Game 34 44.16%
Improved Striking Game 20 25.97%
Universe Mode 20 25.97%
Improved Career Mode 12 15.58%
Improved CAF 17 22.08%
Improved Online 9 11.69%
Improved Ultimate Team 3 3.90%
Large Roster 22 28.57%
More Sliders/Customization 11 14.29%
Improved visuals 7 9.09%
More fighter uniqueness 33 42.86%
Pride Mode 17 22.08%
Something Else 2 2.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2020, 06:15 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What do you want most from EA UFC 4?

A variety of tricks, various throws and takedowns. Smoother and more tactful gameplay on the ground and in the clinch. The individuality of each fighter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
Just as the title says. Please vote in the poll, if you have suggestion not in the poll let’s hear it!
Sent from my SM-G965F using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 09:30 AM   #26
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

GROUND: I definitely want (and believe we'll get) more fluid/scrambling groundwork. I agree 100% with the guys who said (and the folks who reiterated it) that the ground is reactive. Perfectly stated. Would be nice to see a modifier on the ground too (unless theres already one and I just don't know it). Something where you can muscle a transition/denial or finesse transitions/reverals…. all correlating to stats. I'd like to be able to throw "combos" when it comes to ground striking. I wanna be able to pour it on with responsive strikes. I wanna be able to hammer down (and pay for it stamina wise according to my ground striking/stamina stats) instead of having one strike come out for every 5 times I hit square.

CAF! CAF! CAF!: I expect that the roster will be at least comparable to 3, but more than likely it'll be a little deeper. Regardless, I'm a offline player (still playing a universe type thing on 3 to this day) and the more caf slots the better. 22 isn't enough. I try to play from a realism perspective and with only 22 slots my cafs I feel like they are just space fillers. I create em, let em get beat a couple times by in-game fighters and then I "release them" to make room for a new CAF to replace that slot. If I had 100 slots (which I really don't think is too much to ask and I have to imagine theres space to do it) thatd be great.

CAREER/CAF: Please allow us to edit the template fighters in career mode. How nice would it be to start a LHW career and square up with Justin Ledet and Alonzo Menifield while you're climbing the ranks instead of a green mohawk'd John Smith or Steve Jones. Let us edit John Smiths appearance and info to Ledet...it would be more immersive. Now, the tricky part....let those template fighters we just edited be used outside of career mode. Outside of career mode, let us stat/perk/move/appearance/info etc them however we want. Essentially theyd be one caf with 2 move/stat sets.....one for career and one for non career.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:55 PM   #27
Rookie

So according to this poll, the community wants gameplay improvements the most, followed by a robust roster with more unique fighters. Not exactly mind blowing results, but does reaffirm where the community’s priorities are. Also tells me the community is in wanting something closer to a sim than a fighting game. Hopefully EA has the same priorities.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #28
MVP

Would the devs consider making a variation of the overhand that beats the Jab ?

The double jab is very troublesome to deal with at times .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-28-2020, 08:27 PM   #29
Rookie

Jv160's Arena

After watching Dustin Poirier fight there's a few things I wish I would be able to do in UFC 4. Like wrist control in the clinch and on the ground to set up strikes, switching stance mid strike and maybe they could add his stonewall block.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:03 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Would the devs consider making a variation of the overhand that beats the Jab ?

The double jab is very troublesome to deal with at times .

The cross counter (overhand across a jab) works all the time in this game. Like many counters, you have to preempt the attack during an opponent's start up frames. Just like in real life. You have to recognize the pattern and throw the overhand when you know they are going to jab.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
The cross counter (overhand across a jab) works all the time in this game. Like many counters, you have to preempt the attack during an opponent's start up frames. Just like in real life. You have to recognize the pattern and throw the overhand when you know they are going to jab.
Thanks RM ... I appreciate the response.

Another question I have for you is this : do you think the gameplay in UFC 3 is too fast ? What are your thoughts generally on this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Thanks RM ... I appreciate the response.

Another question I have for you is this : do you think the gameplay in UFC 3 is too fast ? What are your thoughts generally on this.

Well, I don’t necessarily think the game is too fast in the sense that it ruins the flow of the gameplay, mechanically. However, I think with the right changes to the mechanics, slowing down the strikes might make the game more fun. But no, I think it is currently running pretty well at this speed even though the punching combos sometimes come out a little faster than in real life.

The ground game (especially gnp) needs to be sped up though. I think everyone is in favor of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »