Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Features Overhauled Takedown, Ground Mechanics & Career Mode - New Venues, Blitz Battles & Some Gameplay Improvements Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Features Overhauled Takedown, Ground Mechanics & Career Mode - New Venues, Blitz Battles & Some Gameplay Improvements Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 4 Website is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
I like the vibe.

Plus, the big "UFC 4" tag will let people know its an MMA game.
To each their own. I just think it’s odd, doesn’t look like an mma game at all to me. Just like any other sport, I think it’d be weird to have athletes in street clothes posing in front of a car.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 07-11-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Like micropositions? That would be cool. I didn't think of that. But yeah I hope they add more positions like 50/50 or leg lace.

How would the denial system into in between positions work? Like what sort of positions. When I was thinking of fixing denials I was thinking of reducing the recovery frames so we could transition immediately after being denied, or use the sub gates mechanism for the same effect like UD3.
Like deny full guard pass to half guard, so there is an in between position where:

the top guy already has knee in butt, elbows pushing on knees about to try pass to half guard again, and has a shorter window this next time.

I hope I can be happy with just a tweak to the denials like you mentioned. Maybe that's enough to quicken up the ground game and make it fun again.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #27
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

This all sounds great, can't wait to test it out.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #28
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Nice news with the td's and GnP. Wonder whats changed with the actual ground game though? Im sure they have added a few new positions and stuff. For starters, ground sways and counter transitions sound good though.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingokapis
Same, that trailer was dull for me, graphics looked same and yeah the new venues are great and all but if the game modes haven't changed then I dont care for them.

Career and if there is universe mode is what I want to know about, will need a hell of a lot to get me buying at launch this time round..

Definitely like the look of the enhanced grappling, but little catering to offline and potential for depleted roster makes this questionable for me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2020, 12:54 PM   #30
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Features Overhauled Takedown, Ground Mechanics & Career Mode - Ne

Updated OP link with plenty of additional details.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #31
MVP

Re: EA Sports UFC 4 Features Overhauled Takedown, Ground Mechanics & Career Mode - Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Updated OP link with plenty of additional details.
Thanks. Looks like we finally got knee on belly. So at least there is a confirmed new position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
Can’t believe they’re really going with that for the cover. If you didn’t know what UFC was, you can’t even tell it’s a fighting game. Looks like a racing or a skateboard game or something. Think they should have been in fight attire.
It seems to me that the focus is on stuff outside the octagon so I think they want to show that it isn't only a UFC game

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »