Home

Major Changes - UFC 4

This is a discussion on Major Changes - UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Major Changes - UFC 4

Is there a licensed fighter only ranked mode?
"The highest rated UFC fighters are still the best fighters in the game." so what the CAFs supposed to do?

You telling me you cant think of a single way to allow us to customize CAF's without making CAF's overpowered? come on now, i can throw multiple ways off the top of my head.... At least allow us to edit certain amount of moves or ratings... like 3 ratings and 5 move sets or something....

This whole thing sounds so cringe....

First im told "ranked" player base is really small.... the minority, then im told UT player base is very small, so small that its not worth copy and pasting that mode into the next game, instead we will destroy the CAF's but add "1600 new pieces of earnable gear", i guess that is needed to separate all the similar zombie archetypes we about to see. Besides this 1 question there is literally nothing else about CAF's.

The more i learn about this game the worse its getting tbh. I hope the gameplay makes up for the very poor decision making of who ever is supposed to be directing this dev team.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
The restricted weight limit option is probably the worst part for me. I get the idea is to avoid splitting the player base but this isn't a great way to do it. For example, I disliked HW, LHW, 125 and the women's weight classes in UFC 3 for gameplay / balance reasons so being stuck with them would feel awful.
This plus the created fighter issue is killing this new idea of ranked for me.

Like, I get that you want people who enjoy created fighters to have the chance to play ranked as well with their custom fighters, but I promise that 95% of the people who buy the game have at least one real, licensed fighter in the game that they'd be comfortable using.

They wouldn't buy a UFC game if they didn't; they'd just play Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter instead.

I could be overlooking something (I'm not a developer or anything), but I don't see why we couldn't just have separate options for CAFs only and licensed fighters only in ranked.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #11
Rookie

I’m a big career mode guy so ima very happy they focused on that pretty heavy especially character creation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Is there a licensed fighter only ranked mode?
"The highest rated UFC fighters are still the best fighters in the game." so what the CAFs supposed to do?

You telling me you cant think of a single way to allow us to customize CAF's without making CAF's overpowered? come on now, i can throw multiple ways off the top of my head.... At least allow us to edit certain amount of moves or ratings... like 3 ratings and 5 move sets or something....

This whole thing sounds so cringe....

First im told "ranked" player base is really small.... the minority, then im told UT player base is very small, so small that its not worth copy and pasting that mode into the next game, instead we will destroy the CAF's but add "1600 new pieces of earnable gear", i guess that is needed to separate all the similar zombie archetypes we about to see. Besides this 1 question there is literally nothing else about CAF's.

The more i learn about this game the worse its getting tbh. I hope the gameplay makes up for the very poor decision making of who ever is supposed to be directing this dev team.
1) Casuals use CAFs. They might like the extravagant customization options.
2) Casuals play Career mode a lot which is a CAF-emphasized mode.
3) If they're gonna invest this much into CAFs and cosmetics they may as well expand it into all other formats to encourage people to spend money. They added CAFs to online ranked because some people may be more inclined to spend money on MTX if they can showcase their CAFs to others.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #13
MVP

Are there any limitations on combined weight classes now? It says you can have a flyweight fight a heavyweight. You couldn't do that outside of tournaments last game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
1) Casuals use CAFs. They might like the extravagant customization options.
2) Casuals play Career mode a lot which is a CAF-emphasized mode.
3) If they're gonna invest this much into CAFs and cosmetics they may as well expand it into all other formats to encourage people to spend money. They added CAFs to online ranked because some people may be more inclined to spend money on MTX if they can showcase their CAFs to others.
Right cuz making your CAF horrible in every mode, while severely limiting its stats/move sets is a great way to encourage people to buy cosmetics for their "useless CAF"

With EA's logic they might as well remove all the roster fighters and leave in CM punk to encourage the use of roster fighters cuz thats about the same logic im getting here when it comes to what they did with CAF's.

All we asked for was a CAP, thats it, and give us more ways to customize the CAF, how we went from no UT mode, and limiting everything there is about the CAF and its building process i will never understand.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

The CAFs will not be "horrible". They will be in line with the top 5-10 fighters in the division.

They just wont be exact like we want them to be and thats disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The CAFs will not be "horrible". They will be in line with the top 5-10 fighters in the division.

They just wont be exact like we want them to be and thats disappointing.
This is actually a point I never thought of. Limiting the CAF ratings to a preset, thus not allowing them to be as good as the very best fighters in the game, might mean we don't see as many CAFs as people (myself included) have been thinking.

I can't say for sure, but I assume the biggest incentive for people using CAFs in UFC 3 unranked was the 100 OVR ratings.

Maybe we'll be right back to the status quo of fighting Jon Jones 95% of the time at LHW. Which is the lesser of two evils IMO.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 07-11-2020 at 09:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »