Home

EA Sports UFC 4 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 Trial Available Now For EA Access Subscribers - Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Ea Access confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl1
I've never used EA Access for a 10 hour trial before, can somebody conform whether you can preload before the 7th or is it just unlocked on that date and you'll have to download it after then?

Why would you preload before the 7th? Honestly I don't get the fascination with preload. Release is on 14th so technically you would be preloading it during the Access trial.

Also, it's 10 hours, which - if you're somewhat exited about the game - you've spend way before release. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I also think that - even when preordering - you're going to have to wait for the 14th to continue, which is really weird but understandable.

Last edited by Blackman316; 08-01-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:19 PM   #18
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
Why would you preload before the 7th? Honestly I don't get the fascination with preload. Release is on 14th so technically you would be preloading it during the Access trial.

Also, it's 10 hours, which - if you're somewhat exited about the game - you've spend way before release. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I also think that - even when preordering - you're going to have to wait for the 14th to continue, which is really weird but understandable.
Some people don't have fibre internet or have slower connections so preloading is a blessing for those people. And even if you do, it's nice to be able to play it as soon as the game drops.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:

I kinda see your point but it definitely won't take me 10 minutes to download the game that's for sure.

Also, we all have different circumstances, if it was 20 year old me then I would rinse the 10 hours in a day, but sadly I am 39 now, have a job, kids & other stuff to do so I'll be lucky if I get 10 hours to play it between 7th & 14th lol.

Maybe I'm free on 7th but busy that weekend? Maybe I'm poor and my internet is getting cut off on the 8th. Maybe I've only got 5 days left to live and my dying wish is to duke it out in the backyard with Kimbo Slice...?
I'm pleased that you have all the time in the world and a rocket fuelled internet connection but not everyone does.

I genuinely have never played a trial game on EA Access before either so wanted to know if preload is a thing on them or not. I so, I can leave it running overnight and play it the next day, if not no worries. Just asking...
Old 08-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #20
Pro

Ok, sorry about that. I don't have fast internet myself and it takes me a long time to download, but it's just a game man. We've been waiting for months now. One more day of downloading won't hurt. But it's true you might as well avoid it.

But to answer your question: I just preordered seconds ago and it started a 24 gig download so there you go. But in my (limited) experience there might be a day 1 patch immediately that is... the same size, making the whole thing moot as it's wasting our bandwidth.

Also: when you take one month of EA Access, the 10% discount is cumulative with the UFC3 discount. So you can get it for 55$. I wasn't sure about that, so it seems like a no-brainer. In fact, EA is deliberately trying to make you look stupid for not doing it. Good thing it's easy to unsubscribe immediately.

Last edited by Blackman316; 08-02-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Ok, sorry about that. I don't have fast internet myself and it takes me a long time to download, but it's just a game man. We've been waiting for months now. One more day of downloading won't hurt. But it's true you might as well avoid it.

But to answer your question: I just preordered seconds ago and it started a 24 gig download so there you go. But in my (limited) experience there might be a day 1 patch immediately that is... the same size, making the whole thing moot as it's wasting our bandwidth.

Also: when you take one month of EA Access, the 10% discount is cumulative with the UFC3 discount. So you can get it for 55$. I wasn't sure about that, so it seems like a no-brainer. In fact, EA is deliberately trying to make you look stupid for not doing it. Good thing it's easy to unsubscribe immediately.
Yeah that's exactly why I got EA Access as it ended up being much cheaper with the UFC 3 discount as well AND I get it earlier so it's a win, win really.

Thanks for your answer, I'll have a look.about downloading it now. Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 10:16 AM   #22
Rookie

Ea Access confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl1
Yeah that's exactly why I got EA Access as it ended up being much cheaper with the UFC 3 discount as well AND I get it earlier so it's a win, win really.

Thanks for your answer, I'll have a look.about downloading it now. Cheers

Did the same thing. Pre-Order through UFC 3 game for a discount, plus EA Access seems to be a discounted pre-order. I got the game for $48

Also, I can just cancel EA Access in the 1st month anyway. So it’s basically a Free early Access

EDIT- I’m also 35 with a full time job, Wife, Kids, Dog, House to maintain, etc. 10 Hours for a week is about standard for me these days anyway. So Early Access will definitely get me to the 14th.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by DCowboys22; 08-02-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #23
Pro

It's unfortunate they still submit you to the 10 hour limit. I guess it's standard so people can't get a competitive advantage for the PvP section? I can't come up with another reason.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
It's unfortunate they still submit you to the 10 hour limit. I guess it's standard so people can't get a competitive advantage for the PvP section? I can't come up with another reason.
You might get bored and not buy the game if they let you play it unlimited, you could feasibly complete career mode & have your fill of fights then cancel your pre-order I guess.

This way, you get a fair crack at the game so you can decide whether to buy or not but you can't complete it etc. Think of it applying to all EA games, not just this one. You could complete no end of EA games if they gave you a week for free and they'd lose sales.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »