Home

Now that you have seen 99% of the game, yay or nay?

This is a discussion on Now that you have seen 99% of the game, yay or nay? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like what you have seen so far and will buy the game?
Yay 42 38.18%
Nay 68 61.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Now that you have seen 99% of the game, yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I’m mixed on it. I want to play a new MMA game and I also would like to support the franchise. At the same time it looks like a ****ing joke to me. Clearly most of the budget went into the CAF nonsense.
Did it though? Like what do CAF's have that took that much of the budget? Majority of it has been in other ufc 3 games... the skins and trunks and gloves... those are just re skins of 1 concept with a different color... Copy/paste/make it green instead of red... you have like 1 initial design, the rest are the same design but a different color. Yes there are new things and stuff but i wouldn't say 1 artist making some lines on my trunks is "taking up the budget", that is really cheap stuff that you see from small companies who know they cant bring you top tier graphics but will focus on customization aspect of their games.

Most of the budget had to of gone into the "new engine" and that RPM tech or what ever, i think they had a very tiny budget to begin with, i dont know if its been revealed what budget they had, but GPD said they had to pick between more ground positions or new animations, which is mind boggling to me that its even a choice.

I think CAF's got the biggest shaft of this game so far. First no UT mode which is specifically a CAF mode.... Then they got a hard CAP(which i agree with but some dont). Then to cater to the tiny group of ranked players, they limited customization of the CAF stats, move lists and archetypes....

When you add all that up, CAF's got destroyed... all they have is basic accessorizing part, take a doll and dress him up, the rest has been predetermined for you....You cant even pick judo,muay thai,karate,sambo, or taekwondo........boxing has 2 archetypes....its going to be just a bunch of clones running around, and the whole point of playing as a CAF is to be unique... literally counter productive to what people like and why they play CAFs in the first place....

I think the game looks good, i think the animations look smooth, ive seen plenty of good things, but when it comes to the decision making for this game, it just seems like its all over the place, it does not make sense and thats why ranked community is angry, CAF community is angry, i dont even feel like the dev's themselves are on the same page, GCer's dont seem to be happy either....so at the end of the day, the vision for what this game needed to be is simply not a clear one, and it shows in the many problems that people are mentioning that are really not complex issues.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:21 PM   #34
Pro

Nay for me, sadly.

I grew bored with EA UFC 3 rather quickly due to it having fundamental problems with the controls and the gameplay, and UFC 4 seems not to have addressed these issues at all, so this'll be the first MMA game I won't buy at all.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #35
Rookie

slikkster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseperception
Interesting, I played near 200 matches on the beta and didn't see any.. with AI or online. Guess well see soon. Haven't seen person actually confirm they have seen them though..

My guess would be this is for side control and crucifix. Beta 100% didn’t have them from guard or mount. I also haven’t seen them in any of the new vids either.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 11:27 PM   #36
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I haven't been on the forums much at all in a while, and I was telling myself I'm gonna try to be more positive with this new game, but just wow...

Wow.

Honestly, I'm borderline speechless.

For how long we have been waiting for this, this seems like a cruel joke, or a bad dream.

Disappointment is an understatement.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 08-02-2020, 03:49 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yay despite some investment choices that I didn't care for.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:24 AM   #38
The One

EmazingErik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I haven't been on the forums much at all in a while, and I was telling myself I'm gonna try to be more positive with this new game, but just wow...

Wow.

Honestly, I'm borderline speechless.

For how long we have been waiting for this, this seems like a cruel joke, or a bad dream.

Disappointment is an understatement.

I ****ing feel you man... I was like okay they got more time working on this game, this should blow the previous games out of the water... But nope.

www.twitch.tv/emazingerik
Old 08-02-2020, 06:45 AM   #39
Rookie

Nope. Not this time.

EA have taken the series in a direction I just don't care about at all.

I want a true, realistic MMA game. I don't want arcadey nonsense and fornite emotes before fights that don't make any sense and don't actually happen in real life.

The Backyard and Kumite areans/modes . . . huh? Who the heck signed off on that garbage? I'm honestly surprised the UFC did. It makes them look bad. Who was asking for these things? Why would you put effort into these arenas instead of say a Pride arena, which people have actually been asking for and would have taken less effort? Why not more ground positions instead? or a proper submission game? Why not something that actually has something to do with a core MMA experience instead of a stupid ghetto street fight or a Mortal Kombat throwback?

It's no steps forwards and all steps back at this point. Mechanically, the game's just a mess, and the resulting dynamics leave a simulation that just doesn't even feel anything like a real fight at this point.

I feel like the design team just has no clue what they're doing or what they're supposed to be trying to emulate. I mean, people complained for years about there being too much damage and stamina being not important enough. Even the casuals thought it was dumb. They kept iterating on that and tweaking it through patches with EA UFC 3. They got it feeling a lot better. Now, it looks like they just threw all that out the window with EA UFC 4 and actually took it in the other direction.

It's too late now, but they needed to look at what other games that came before them had done well instead of just starting over from scratch. There's a reason people still call Undisputed 3 the best MMA game ever, and it's not just nostalgia.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:38 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
You can't be self aware without being honest with yourself. Most people cannot accept reality. Once you accept reality then you can start changing your reality. What do you actually NEED in your life? As a human being?
Conceive, believe, achieve

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »