Home

Only 20 CAF slots in UFC 4 (15 + 5 for career?)

This is a discussion on Only 20 CAF slots in UFC 4 (15 + 5 for career?) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #25
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Only 20 CAF slots in UFC 4 (15 + 5 for career?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
They can't ever get around that to patch it, it's a fundamental system option which they can't do anything about. It's just like playing on a new console on a second account.
Thanks for the heads up (thanks for answering this too AHolbert)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
They can't ever get around that to patch it, it's a fundamental system option which they can't do anything about. It's just like playing on a new console on a second account.
Oh, with some effort they COULD. Tie CAFs to a profile-locked DLC like the ill-conceived online codes they used to ship with new copies.

But EA isn’t malevolent, just run by bean counters. And the CAF limit isn’t because they want to limit us, it’s because (from what they’ve said in the past) the way the roster file structure is made puts a hard cap of sorts on the total number of fighters, and they just haven’t had a chance to/decided it’s worth it to redo it.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #27
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Oh, with some effort they COULD. Tie CAFs to a profile-locked DLC like the ill-conceived online codes they used to ship with new copies.

But EA isn’t malevolent, just run by bean counters. And the CAF limit isn’t because they want to limit us, it’s because (from what they’ve said in the past) the way the roster file structure is made puts a hard cap of sorts on the total number of fighters, and they just haven’t had a chance to/decided it’s worth it to redo it.
True, I didn't think about that, but how could they do that if you can just start the game on second account with a "new" EA account? Otherwise the game disc wouldn't work on another console.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
True, I didn't think about that, but how could they do that if you can just start the game on second account with a "new" EA account? Otherwise the game disc wouldn't work on another console.
We’re talking hypotheticals here because I don’t believe they would ever do this or have a reason to, but they could ship a one time use code in the box (or email it to you if you go digital) and if you want CAFs you’d have to buy a new code. They did this with being able to play online several years ago to discourage buying used.

Again, I am not suggesting they’ve ever even considered this, just commenting that according to what they’ve said in the past that the CAF limit is a software limit they haven’t taken the time to fix, not a conscious choice because for some reason they want to limit us.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #29
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes. Just did it yesterday. Saved CAFs on 3 different profiles.
Is this CAF workaround exclusive to Playstation? Or can i create multiple profiles on an Xbox too? Sorry for all the questions...I've never done this before and I can't figure it out.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #30
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
We’re talking hypotheticals here because I don’t believe they would ever do this or have a reason to, but they could ship a one time use code in the box (or email it to you if you go digital) and if you want CAFs you’d have to buy a new code. They did this with being able to play online several years ago to discourage buying used.

Again, I am not suggesting they’ve ever even considered this, just commenting that according to what they’ve said in the past that the CAF limit is a software limit they haven’t taken the time to fix, not a conscious choice because for some reason they want to limit us.
Yeah, think I missed the comparison to the online pass, I see what you're saying now. It'd be the most EA thing ever, lol, but thankfully they don't do it.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:49 AM   #31
Just started!

I was wonder if there was a RANDOMIZE ALL feature for CAF's in UFC 4 like there was on UFC 2010 and THQ's UFC Undisputed 3? I would have the CPU generate fighters, and then I would have CPU vs CPU seasons. I really miss this feature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #32
Rookie

i dont understand the outrage for CAF slots. you cant edit their stats or moves so why would you bother making so many when they all play the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »